September 22, 2024, 05:36:29 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Anyone use flight simulators?

Started by Title27GT, October 08, 2007, 12:25:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Title27GT

That's really most of what I've been doing lately on the computer. At first I trained using the Cessna but now I'm getting more adept at using the 747 and taking advantage of autopilot. Right now I'm making a cross country flight from KSFO to KJFK although I've been flying for about 30 minutes and have yet to get out of Nevada.  psyduck;

NOA_Haunted

My dad has Flight simulator X and 120 dollar

Title27GT

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on October 08, 2007, 12:31:38 PM
My dad has Flight simulator X and 120 dollar
Those look like they would help. I really only need the throttle one, though. I prefer controlling the Yoke with the mouse.

also I need some fucking rudder pedals

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: JMV290 on October 08, 2007, 12:32:38 PM
Those look like they would help. I really only need the throttle one, though. I prefer controlling the Yoke with the mouse.

also I need some fucking rudder pedals
Get 120 and go to bestbuy.  caterpie;

Title27GT

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on October 08, 2007, 12:34:04 PM
Get 120 and go to bestbuy.  caterpie;
I don't use Flight Simulator X. I use FlightGear partly because I have a Mac and partly because It's open source and not restricted to a small group of developers

The artist formally known

Title27GT

Quote from: reefer on October 08, 2007, 12:38:13 PM
eBay it

and macs suck for gaming
That doesn't concern me considering I play two games, FlightGear and CoD2 and my macbook runs both perfectly

also

boot camp

argument over

Quote from: JMV290 on October 08, 2007, 12:46:36 PM
That doesn't concern me considering I play two games, FlightGear and CoD2 and my macbook runs both perfectly

also

boot camp

argument over
Hey look, Call of Duty 4 is coming out soon.  caterpie;

I bet you can't run that on your Crap Book

And it's not about the software, it's about how Mac jacks up the prices of anything that will let you play new good games on your computer for less then $2,000. And Boot Camp isn't a compelling argument.

Title27GT

Quote from: reefer on October 08, 2007, 12:50:26 PM
Hey look, Call of Duty 4 is coming out soon.  caterpie;

I bet you can't run that on your Crap Book

And it's not about the software, it's about how Mac jacks up the prices of anything that will let you play new good games on your computer for less then $2,000. And Boot Camp isn't a compelling argument.
okay so being able to play any game on any platform isnt a compelling argument

GOTCHA

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: JMV290 on October 08, 2007, 12:35:10 PM
I don't use Flight Simulator X. I use FlightGear partly because I have a Mac and partly because It's open source and not restricted to a small group of developers
Those aren't made for Flight Simulator X.

Quote from: JMV290 on October 08, 2007, 01:00:25 PM
okay so being able to play any game on any platform isnt a compelling argument

GOTCHA
Mac doesn't have good exclusive games.

I was saying that you should say Macs are good at gaming because they can run Windows XP to play games that run on Windows XP... because you just reinforced my argument that my PC can run games better and cheaper

u lose

Title27GT

Quote from: reefer on October 08, 2007, 01:04:08 PM
Mac doesn't have good exclusive games.

I was saying that you should say Macs are good at gaming because they can run Windows XP to play games that run on Windows XP... because you just reinforced my argument that my PC can run games better and cheaper

u lose
I lose because...

guff

uh yeah i used to play ms flight simulator (2004 one, have yet to buy X) quite a bit, until i lost the discs
found them a while back, but i put them away somewhere because at the time i was on too crappy of a pc to actually play it, and i've essentially lost it again

Tried Flight Gear, but I just didn't like it that much.  While I'd normally go with open source, I just like MSFS much, much more.
also easier to set up joysticks on windows
speaking of which, i've got a saitek x45 thingy

nothing that fancy, but at least it covers all the axes

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Title27GT

Quote from: Commodore Guff on October 08, 2007, 04:31:53 PM
uh yeah i used to play ms flight simulator (2004 one, have yet to buy X) quite a bit, until i lost the discs
found them a while back, but i put them away somewhere because at the time i was on too crappy of a pc to actually play it, and i've essentially lost it again

Tried Flight Gear, but I just didn't like it that much.  While I'd normally go with open source, I just like MSFS much, much more.
also easier to set up joysticks on windows
speaking of which, i've got a saitek x45 thingy

nothing that fancy, but at least it covers all the axes
what didn't you like about FlightGear?

Go Up