July 02, 2024, 06:12:58 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

My friend gave me Conker's Live and Reloaded

Started by The artist formally known, October 06, 2007, 11:31:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Such an awesome game, his xbox broke years ago so he just gave it to me and the game isn't 360 incompatible as far as I know. My other friend bought a 360 today and it was brand new, and it was BROKEN when she opened it up.

Red ring of death  caterpie;

http://www.youtube.com/v/0w5neFPat1w

Xbox's version censors twat, shit, and some other extra words  gonk;

Samus Aran

Original is better unless you're some sort of Live addict.

Geno

That game was so awesome

The Great Mighty Poo has to be one of my all time favorite bosses.

And Conker had the best voice ever.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Quote from: Kazcadian on October 06, 2007, 11:32:51 PM
Original is better unless you're some sort of Live addict.
I don't have that version and my N64 is broken but I plan on playing both, if you've played this one you can respect some of the jokes and extras they've added. Changed the story and added in some things about "developers changing around stuff" breaking down even more 3rd walls.

First one is great but nostalgia aside, censors are the only thing that makes it not as great.

Geno

Quote from: reefer on October 06, 2007, 11:46:01 PM
I don't have that version and my N64 is broken but I plan on playing both, if you've played this one you can respect some of the jokes and extras they've added. Changed the story and added in some things about "developers changing around stuff" breaking down even more 3rd walls.

First one is great but nostalgia aside, censors are the only thing that makes it not as great.
Yeah what was up with the censors?
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Quote from: Geno. on October 06, 2007, 11:50:29 PM
Yeah what was up with the censors?
There was a code that turned them ALL off but they got rid of it in the final version then they had it so that you could still turn them off if you moded your Xbox but they also got rid of that too.

Some stores wouldn't sell it if it wasn't censored

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on October 06, 2007, 11:46:01 PM

Okay that's nice. Nostalgia isn't something that makes a good game for me. First of all, it sucks that they got rid of Conker's frying pan. It also sucks that they made the Tediz look retarded and censored more words.

Also, is it true that the multiplayer now has ammo? Part of what made the original BFD's multiplayer so fun is that there was no ammo limits.

JGE

Quote from: Kazcadian on October 07, 2007, 12:41:41 AM
Okay that's nice. Nostalgia isn't something that makes a good game for me. First of all, it sucks that they got rid of Conker's frying pan. It also sucks that they made the Tediz look retarded and censored more words.

Also, is it true that the multiplayer now has ammo? Part of what made the original BFD's multiplayer so fun is that there was no ammo limits.
Didn't want to play it for multiplayer. Multiplayer for the first game was horrible.

The club was kinda a joke in a part. You actually do use the frying pan for about five minutes but then a cut scene comes up and for the rest of the game you use a club. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

And Nostalgia is the only thing that holds me to love most games like SMW so high, game rocks but I love it even more because of the memories, and of course playing SMB3 with my mom. The only game she played with me.

And Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat once.

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on October 07, 2007, 12:50:34 AM
Didn't want to play it for multiplayer. Multiplayer for the first game was horrible.

Fuck you, I love its multiplayer.

Quote from: reefer on October 07, 2007, 12:50:34 AM
The club was kinda a joke in a part. You actually do use the frying pan for about five minutes but then a cut scene comes up and for the rest of the game you use a club. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I consider taking away a small, unique part of the game that made it funny for something much more bland is an atrocity, even if it was just a frying pan.

Basically, if you own the original, there's almost no point in getting the remake. caterpie;

Quote from: Kazcadian on October 07, 2007, 12:53:54 AM
Basically, if you own the original, there's almost no point in getting the remake. caterpie;
I don't think so, remake is like $10 (eBay, shipped too) and it's nice to play the game in a different way, they've added in a few jokes and took away some. I got it for free but sadly I don't own the original but I've seen my friend beat it a few times.

I never owned a N64 personally, it was my brothers, and now I spilled soda in it and it's broken.

Only reason it fails is because it's a REMAKE, I'll give you that. Remakes aren't original and this one tends to stay too close to the story and everything. And I have to give it to the first one, it had VOICE ACTING HOLY SHIT.

Go Up