June 30, 2024, 08:35:52 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

God damn nerds

Started by ncba93ivyase, September 25, 2007, 12:53:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kingoftherings on September 25, 2007, 07:23:53 PM
For the lulz:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/img_4911251.html

How primitive looking.
Halo 3 looks fine, graphics aren't the best ever but there is only one game with the best graphics ever, and it won't stay on top for more then three months. Single player looks better the multi-player as well, they have to drop the graphics down for multi-player modes to support more players.

I'm not into graphics too much but the graphics at times are amazing, and at other times it's no improvement over the earlier games. So some screen shots will look amazing and others will look like crap.

Also mines playing in 1080i so it looks a lot nicer.

UnagiPower

Quote from: Reefer on September 25, 2007, 07:41:12 PM
Halo 3 looks fine, graphics aren't the best ever but there is only one game with the best graphics ever, and it won't stay on top for more then three months. Single player looks better the multi-player as well, they have to drop the graphics down for multi-player modes to support more players.

I'm not into graphics too much but the graphics at times are amazing, and at other times it's no improvement over the earlier games. So some screen shots will look amazing and others will look like crap.

Also mines playing in 1080i so it looks a lot nicer.

I just hope the graphics look clean. I'll probably enjoy the graphics more than Gears though, since it seems a lot brighter.

Quote from: UnagiPower on September 26, 2007, 03:56:25 PM
I just hope the graphics look clean. I'll probably enjoy the graphics more than Gears though, since it seems a lot brighter.
I think Gears looked better, why did they put bald people in the game if they couldn't make their head round and not all choppy. I'm playing on 1080i too.

Kingoftherings

Quote from: Reefer on September 26, 2007, 04:00:19 PM
I think Gears looked better, why did they put bald people in the game if they couldn't make their head round and not all choppy. I'm playing on 1080i too.
Because hair can look worse.

Houdini

Have you ever played Halo? It's over-hyped, but it is a good game. Bungie has FPS's down to an art.

Quote from: steal on September 26, 2007, 11:21:48 PM
I'm going over to a friend's house on Friday to run through the Halo 3 in one sitting on 4 player co-op. spam;

There wasn't really any of that at my school, except for a few people who went and got the game at lunch yesterday. My friend's brother (ExAm here, he doesn't post much) beat it yesterday. caterpie;
I beat it today, ending was open ended and wasn't that great. I never beat the first two which probably made it not as epic but there was only one "boss" fight, and it was totally retarded and easy.

I love boss fights so much, especially the parasite, infested, huge bosses like in Caslevania.

My favorite boss character design, along with some of the bosses from Super Metroid, but really, this is the best most detailed looking boss in 2D I've ever seen.

I wish Halo would take some of the character design and make a boss with it. That long neck guy that [spoiler]I don't recall the name but the covenant guy with you kills him, that guy looked so cool, I wish they made a boss like him, the detail of the hair on his eyebrows and eyelids look amazing.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Guava on September 26, 2007, 07:48:28 PM
Have you ever played Halo? It's over-hyped, but it is a good game. Bungie has FPS's down to an art.
Yeah, Halo is a great series, overrated but still a great game. Kinda sad they're not telling us whats their next project besides Halo Wars.

Quote from: steal on September 27, 2007, 12:12:12 AM
The first Halo didn't have any boss fights at all, and Halo 2 only had one wimpy one at the end.
I never played them all the way through but I suspected that.

God I love boss fights.

Quote from: steal on September 27, 2007, 12:34:13 AM
Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) has some really kick ass boss fights.

Also, the battle with The End in Metal Gear Solid 3 is probably one of the best boss fights ever.
I've played through some of Gaiden but I don't know why but human bosses are lame as hell.

Go Up