September 28, 2024, 02:38:24 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

VA Tech shooter was not a video game player.

Started by Geno, August 30, 2007, 05:06:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

"The final report of Governor Tim Kaine?s Virginia Tech Review Panel has been made public, and video games are NOT identified as a factor in the massacre.

Quite the opposite, in fact. The only game cited as being played by Cho is Sonic the Hedgehog. An overall non-involvement with games is detailed by his college roommates.

In Chapter IV, Mental Health History of Seung Hui Cho, video games are mentioned several times, but not as any type of causal factor in the April 16th shootings:

Sun and her parents recall that Cho seemed to be doing better. He was enrolled in a Tae Kwon Do program for awhile, watched TV, and played video games like Sonic the Hedgehog.

None of the video games were war games or had violent themes. He liked basketball and had a collection of figurines and remote controlled cars. Years later when he was in high school, Cho was asked to write about his hobbies and interests. He wrote:

I like to listen to talk shows and alternative stations, and I like action movies?My favorite movie is X-Men, favorite actor is Nicolas Cage, favorite book is Night Over Water, favorite band is U2, favorite sport is basketball, favorite team is Portland Trailblazers, favorite food is pizza, and favorite color is green.

?Cho?s roommate never saw him play video games. He would get movies from the library and watch them on his laptop. The roommate never saw what they were, but they always seemed dark. Cho would listen to and download
heavy metal music?

?Cho went to bed early and got up early, so his roommate just left him alone and gave him his space. The only activities Cho engaged in were studying, sleeping, and downloading music. He never saw him play a video game, which he thought strange since he and most other students play them.

The report will be well-received by the gaming community, which over the past few months has endured supposed video game links to the shootings as espoused by Jack Thompson, Dr.Phil, and the Lyndon LaRouche Political Action Committee."

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/08/30/va-tech-report-rampage-killer-not-a-gamer/

Jack Thompsons probably gonna say "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG IS EXTREMELY VIOLENT AND WAS THE REASON FOR COLUMBINE AND ALL THE VIOLENCE IN THE WORLD"

Jack Thompson actually commented on this article. Look below it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Geno

Jack Thompson's comments

"Sorry to spoil the party here, but Cho, according to the Washington Post, was an obsessive player of Counterstrike, which was the game of choice of the author of the second worst school shooting in world history?Robert Steinhaeuser of Erfurt, Germany.

The New York Times, after that Cho fact broke, reported in the Sunday New York Times magazine that Cho was, according to his family, a compulsive video game player as he went off to V- Tech.

The scientific research of Dr. Brad Bushman of the University of Michigan, and of others, is that the effect of violent video games on young men is long-term, not short-term. Finally, Cho, according to the very report that you all are supposedly quoting, had no friends, and thus nobody had any idea whatsover what this jackass was doing in his spare time, and yet here you are claiming to know what he was doing in his spare time.

Video gamers have to be, as a group, the most fact-challenged of all people in the world. The facts do not matter. Only the industry agenda matters. Pathetic. Jack Thompson

Oh, and Dr. Phil did not base his comments on what I said. He based it on the demonstrated fact that an extraordinary number of the school shootings have been at the hands of gamers."

Fucking dumbass.
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strakt

People always have to blame the media for these types of things.

Commander Fuckass

Who listens to Jack Thompson anyway's besides that whore Hilliary Clinton?
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Geno

Quote from: Scarecrow on August 30, 2007, 06:15:30 PM
Who listens to Jack Thompson anyway's besides that whore Hilliary Clinton?
Nobody.

The artist formally known

Geno

Quote from: Charles A. Reiss on August 30, 2007, 07:16:29 PM
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG DID IT. HE HELPED DO IT
That would explain why Shadow just happened to have a gun in Shadow the Hedgehog  psyduck;

Quote from: Geno. on August 30, 2007, 08:19:11 PM
That would explain why Shadow just happened to have a gun in Shadow the Hedgehog  psyduck;
OH GOD THEY JUST SHIT IN THEIR OWN SHIT BUY GIVING SHADOW A GUN.

WHY SEGA TEAM. WHY?

NiGHTS INTO DREAMS 2 WILL HAVE GUNS

Geno

Quote from: Charles A. Reiss on August 30, 2007, 08:20:16 PM
OH GOD THEY JUST SHIT IN THEIR OWN SHIT BUY GIVING SHADOW A GUN.

WHY SEGA TEAM. WHY?

NiGHTS INTO DREAMS 2 WILL HAVE GUNS
I admit I would love to see Mario with a gun  psyduck;

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Geno. on August 30, 2007, 08:21:33 PM
I admit I would love to see Mario with a gun  psyduck;
I hope someone kills you for that statement.

Geno

ZGDK

Go Up