May 09, 2024, 10:59:50 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Abortion

Started by *Boo*, May 01, 2007, 07:22:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 14, 2007, 02:16:49 PM
Sex exists solely for the purpose of creating babies. If they did not want a child they shouldn't have had sex. So the decision to have or not have a child really starts with the decision to have sex. It doesn't matter what we have made sex into, that's what sex is for. Obviously rape is a different issue.

And about the stem cells, according to this website http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics3.asp they don't use stem cells from embryos that are fertalized in a womans body. So abortion does nothing to benefit stem cell research.

A. What stages of early embryonic development are important for generating embryonic stem cells?

Embryonic stem cells, as their name suggests, are derived from embryos. Specifically, embryonic stem cells are derived from embryos that develop from eggs that have been fertilized in vitro?in an in vitro fertilization clinic?and then donated for research purposes with informed consent of the donors. They are not derived from eggs fertilized in a woman's body.

They are still embryos.

don't let's

Quote from: Notorious J.M.V. on December 14, 2007, 02:23:00 PM
They are still embryos.
I didn't say that they weren't. I was saying that abortion does not benefit stem cell research.

Daddy

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 14, 2007, 02:33:52 PM
I didn't say that they weren't. I was saying that abortion does not benefit stem cell research.
o ok

guff

Sex exists solely for the purpose of creating babies.
eating is solely for the purpose of sustaining life; eating for pleasure is unnatural and thus we should all eat grass

Obviously rape is a different issue.
yes, the rapist will be the one stuck with the child, because:
If they did not want a child they shouldn't have had sex.

gimp;

don't let's

@ Commodore Guff
Are you honestly that stupid?

Andrew1911

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 14, 2007, 05:51:49 PM
@ Commodore Guff

Guff is so dumb that you obviously cannot even know where to begin to tell him how wrong he is and give points on why.

amirite???

don't let's

December 14, 2007, 11:17:15 PM #141 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:21:06 PM by LiveOnTheEdge
Quote from: Andrew1911 on December 14, 2007, 11:10:16 PM
Guff is so dumb that you obviously cannot even know where to begin to tell him how wrong he is and give points on why.

amirite???
I think what I originally posted was pretty clear, and I wasn't sure if he just didn't get it or if he was just being a jerk. And until I found out I wasn't going to explain myself again. And I was going on the assumption that he was being a jerk.

Andrew1911

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 14, 2007, 11:17:15 PM
I think what I originally posted was pretty clear, and I wasn't sure if he just didn't get it or if he was just being a jerk. And until I found out I wasn't going to explain myself again. And I was going on the assumption that he was being a jerk.

He posted a rebuttal and you don't have anything that you could possibly back up your argument against his, do you? When you mess with the Guff, you get the Guff.

don't let's

December 14, 2007, 11:31:30 PM #143 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:37:40 PM by LiveOnTheEdge
Quote from: Andrew1911 on December 14, 2007, 11:28:10 PM
He posted a rebuttal and you don't have anything that you could possibly back up your argument against his, do you? When you mess with the Guff, you get the Guff.
Not really because all he did was twist around my words to say something that I obviously did not say. And that was part of the reason for my question to him. And I didn't see the need to back up my argument since what I originally said was clear and easy to understand.

bleedingassassin

Abortion is like putting a big steak on the floor near the dog, and when the dogs comes to eat it, you grab it away from him. >_> When you conceive a child, abortion is bad because you just took someone's chance to live. But my view on abortion is that the earth is populated and we need to give less birth to children but I still think abortion is bad. I guess if you are 2-3 weeks pregnant, you can have an abortion but if you are 6 months old, I don't think you should do it. I have a friend who was the third child. The first and second child were aborted and she was about to aborted but for some reason her mother decided not to do it. And if she was aborted, I would lose a best friend. <_<

guff

December 15, 2007, 10:58:32 AM #145 Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 11:04:13 AM by Commodore Guff
Quote from: bleedingassassin on December 15, 2007, 07:04:22 AM
Abortion is like putting a big steak on the floor near the dog, and when the dogs comes to eat it, you grab it away from him. >_>

o_O
When you conceive a child, abortion is bad because you just took someone's chance to live.
when you break up a relationship you just possibly took away the couple's chance to conceive and make a baby ;_;

And if she was aborted, I would lose a best friend. <_<
and if a group of hunters went to the past and accidentally stepped on a butterfly then what we now know as earth would be under the rule of the galactic empire etc. etc. >_<

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 14, 2007, 05:51:49 PM
@ Commodore Guff
i don't understand the question

sans culottes

Mostly against.

Here's when it should be okay:
-When you've been raped
-When the child could endanger your life
-Maybe  a couple more exceptions

When you have sex, use a condom or something. We're all fetuses that weren't aborted, how would you feel if you were the aborted one?

Women do have a choice, and they make it before they have sex.
I support BUSH

guff

Quote from: Co-Z on December 29, 2007, 07:28:25 AM
We're all fetuses that weren't aborted, how would you feel if you were the aborted one?
I likely wouldn't feel anything at all, given that I wouldn't exist and whatnot. psyduck;

sans culottes

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 29, 2007, 11:03:28 AM
I likely wouldn't feel anything at all, given that I wouldn't exist and whatnot. psyduck;

Unless you're emo, you wouldn't want to never exist.
I support BUSH

guff

Quote from: Co-Z on December 29, 2007, 01:14:32 PM
Unless you're emo, you wouldn't want to never exist.
But if I didn't exist, I wouldn't care because I wouldn't be capable of caring because I wouldn't exist. psyduck;

Go Up