May 08, 2024, 08:11:33 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Abortion

Started by *Boo*, May 01, 2007, 07:22:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: elp_is_love on December 05, 2007, 07:35:05 PM
That is false.
This is true, same with what Lawlz said.
Hey, guess what, I got it the first two times.

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on December 05, 2007, 07:36:00 PM
But the person is never prosecuted.

Just thrown in a mental institution for 3 days (requirement for Tennessee, at least), and they're free to go.
my sister told my mom that she cut her self( she did it for the lulz) and the police came to my house.  caterpie;

She did it with a text message from my phone and the cops asked for me.  I thought I was being busted for CP.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on December 05, 2007, 07:40:34 PM
my sister told my mom that she cut her self( she did it for the lulz) and the police came to my house.  caterpie;

She did it with a text message from my phone and the cops asked for me.  I thought I was being busted for CP.
But they never file charges or anything. With a minor, they just determine whether they should go to the mental institution for three days or if they're mentally stable. If the person is over 18, they're just dragged into the mental institution.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on December 05, 2007, 07:46:24 PM
But they never file charges or anything. With a minor, they just determine whether they should go to the mental institution for three days or if they're mentally stable. If the person is over 18, they're just dragged into the mental institution.
They brought her to the hospital and did these tests.  They then sent us a 500 dollar bill.  powerofone;

don't let's

Quote from: JMV290 on December 05, 2007, 07:30:18 PM
Yep.
Attempting suicide is illegal because it wastes resources.

That and the fact that murdering somebody is against the law, and that's what you're doing with suicide is trying to murder yourself.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 08, 2007, 12:22:21 PM
That and the fact that murdering somebody is against the law, and that's what you're doing with suicide is trying to murder yourself.
except that suicide is about as illegal as homosexual sex

it's left is some law books but no one's prosecuted for it

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

don't let's

Quote from: Lawlz on December 08, 2007, 12:46:42 PM
except that suicide is about as illegal as homosexual sex

it's left is some law books but no one's prosecuted for it
No ones prosecuted for it because if they fail to kill themselves then they get called mental or crazy and get put away in a mental institution. And If they do kill themselves then they're dead and nothing can be done about it then.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on December 08, 2007, 09:39:17 PM
No ones prosecuted for it because if they fail to kill themselves then they get called mental or crazy and get put away in a mental institution. And If they do kill themselves then they're dead and nothing can be done about it then.
And since there's no punishment, technically, it's not illegal. A crime must be defined and punishable. Taking them to a mental institution can prove to be more of a chance to "heal" than to punish.

Hensa

my mother had an abortion before she was pregnant with me.
                                 befuddlement
...and sometimes i wonder what it's like to have an older sibling.

im not sure how i stand on the subject, though.

Daddy

Quote from: ProtectedMember32 on December 11, 2007, 09:04:39 AM
my mother had an abortion before she was pregnant with me.
                                 befuddlement
...and sometimes i wonder what it's like to have an older sibling.

im not sure how i stand on the subject, though.

Mine had a miscarriage before I was born.  Had that not happened I would not have been born.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on December 11, 2007, 09:31:39 AM
Mine had a miscarriage before I was born.  Had that not happened I would not have been born.
Or you would've been born but you'd just be a few months or few years older.

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on December 11, 2007, 10:51:04 AM
Or you would've been born but you'd just be a few months or few years older.
uh it's possible another child would have been born but i somehow doubt it would have had the same genetic makeup and expression of genes as jimmy psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on December 11, 2007, 01:06:25 PM
uh it's possible another child would have been born but i somehow doubt it would have had the same genetic makeup and expression of genes as jimmy psyduck;
how do you determine what child will be born with what mind

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on December 11, 2007, 03:21:20 PM
how do you determine what child will be born with what mind
by their genetics and various environmental influences
that's not to say that it's possible at this point in time to predict what will happen with any given child's mind, but given the absolutely tremendous odds against it i'd say it's pretty safe to say that you're fucking retarded if you think that it's okay to say that any given child's mind will be this and have those qualities and can do that etc. etc.

minds are not pre-existing objects that are simply put into newborns and reserved ahead of time psyduck;
also in case you don't realize it because you seem to have a severe case of not getting it thus i want to cover all the bases oh god i ruined that sentence i think but anyways genes are passed from the father and the mother at random; it's extremely, extremely unlikely that what we know as jimmy would have inherited the same genes were he to be conceived at a later date and under different circumstances

don't let's

December 14, 2007, 02:16:49 PM #134 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:36:13 PM by LiveOnTheEdge
Quote from: *Boo* on May 01, 2007, 07:22:16 PM
I remember back in 6th grade, we were doing little debates. I was the only person in the grade to sign that I was 100% for abortion and people were shocked. It pissed me off because they didn't even have a clue. The subject altogether really pisses me off, for a few reasons-

Honestly, are you telling me that we should force girls to have children? What about birth rights? If someone doesn't want to go through with child birth, don't make them. There are young girls getting pregnant all the time, and sure there is adoption, but they should have the right to say no.

And abortion can do good, stem cell research is a great thing. In fact I had a brother who died at 10 months old long before I was born. Now his death isn't to be blamed on anything like that  but he had a hole in one of his arteries or something which stem cells could have cured.

Thoughts?
Sex exists solely for the purpose of creating babies. If they did not want a child they shouldn't have had sex. So the decision to have or not have a child really starts with the decision to have sex. It doesn't matter what we have made sex into, that's what sex is for. So if they weren't responsible enough to have a child or they just didn't want a child they shouldn't have been having sex. Obviously rape is a different issue.

And about the stem cells, according to this website http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics/basics3.asp they don't use stem cells from embryos that are fertilized in a womans body. So abortion does nothing to benefit stem cell research.

A. What stages of early embryonic development are important for generating embryonic stem cells?

Embryonic stem cells, as their name suggests, are derived from embryos. Specifically, embryonic stem cells are derived from embryos that develop from eggs that have been fertilized in vitro?in an in vitro fertilization clinic?and then donated for research purposes with informed consent of the donors. They are not derived from eggs fertilized in a woman's body.

Go Up