September 23, 2024, 10:22:28 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Question

Started by V, July 30, 2007, 11:04:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

V

In Star Wars:A new Hope, Obi-Wan lets Vader cut him down. Why?

I never understood that.  psyduck;

Feynman

SO HE CAN TURN INTO A GHOST AND TRAIN LUKE.

V

Quote from: Bassir on July 30, 2007, 11:06:01 AM
SO HE CAN TURN INTO A GHOST AND TRAIN LUKE.

You serious? I guess that is why he looked at Luke as he let vader kill him.

Feynman

Quote from: Lord Vader on July 30, 2007, 11:06:38 AM
You serious? I guess that is why he looked at Luke as he let vader kill him.

Well, he managed to stay calm and eventually ended up training luke as a spirit/ghost so I assumed that was his plan all along.

Daddy

Why does Anakin move his arm in Clone wars?

If he kept his arm still it wouldn't have been sliced off.

V

Quote from: Bassir on July 30, 2007, 11:14:40 AM
Well, he managed to stay calm and eventually ended up training luke as a spirit/ghost so I assumed that was his plan all along.

Also, before that happened as they were fighting, he said "even if you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can imagine."

Something along those lines. Yep. You're right. Probably knew his time was up, so he just focused on training Luke in spirit form like you said. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was always bothered by that.

V

Quote from: JMV290 on July 30, 2007, 11:15:38 AM
Why does Anakin move his arm in Clone wars?

If he kept his arm still it wouldn't have been sliced off.

Nah, it was coming off either way. I just watched it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

I just looked up what you said, and here is something interesting:

QuoteI have watched Episode IV many many times and I have come up with only one conclusion:Obi-Wan disappeared just as Darth Vader swung his lightsaber to kill him,think about this why did he check his robe?Because Vader knew he disappeared before contact.Watch the movie.

QuoteInez is correct.

Vader checks to cloak with his foot, as if saying "what the hell just happened?"

Vader's as clueless as we are. Kenobi's knowledge of the force, at this stage in the series, is still superior to Vader's.

V

Quote from: JMV290 on July 30, 2007, 11:25:26 AM
I just looked up what you said, and here is something interesting:

Yeah, I noticed that. Like I said a post or two before, Obi-Wan told Vader that even if he is struck down, he will become far more powerful than Vader can imagine. After all these years Vader still cannot surpass Obi-Wan. Maybe in sheer power, but never in his knowledge of the force. 

Samus Aran

Better question: Why do Episode 1, 2, and 3 suck so massively compared to the original trilogy? I mean, come on Mr. Lucas, it can't be hard to use dialogue that doesn't suck. And Jar Jar? What the hell were you thinking, George? I had faith in you, George. I HAD FAITH IN YOU.

Bushy

Quote from: Kaz on July 30, 2007, 11:44:58 AM
Better question: Why do Episode 1, 2, and 3 suck so massively compared to the original trilogy? I mean, come on Mr. Lucas, it can't be hard to use dialogue that doesn't suck. And Jar Jar? What the hell were you thinking, George? I had faith in you, George. I HAD FAITH IN YOU.
Three doesn't MASSIVELY suck like One and Two.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Samus Aran

Quote from: Bushybrow on July 30, 2007, 11:49:23 AM
Three doesn't MASSIVELY suck like One and Two.

Yes it does. The entire intro made me laugh because of how bad all the dialogue was. And the way Dooku was killed off within 10 minutes was pretty lame. General Grevious was pathetic, seeing as how he kicked ass in the Clone Wars cartoon. Too many special effects, and just an overall retarded way to fill plot holes.

OMG I DREAMED YOU MIGHT DIE SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE PADME

HI I'M A SITH AND YOU KNOW DAMN WELL NOT TO TRUST ME BUT WILL YOU TRUST ME ANYWAY

OKAY MR. PALPATINE

Feynman

Quote from: Kaz on July 30, 2007, 11:44:58 AM

They were OK. psyduck;

V

Quote from: Kaz on July 30, 2007, 11:52:11 AM
Yes it does. The entire intro made me laugh because of how bad all the dialogue was. And the way Dooku was killed off within 10 minutes was pretty lame. General Grevious was pathetic, seeing as how he kicked ass in the Clone Wars cartoon. Too many special effects, and just an overall retarded way to fill plot holes.

OMG I DREAMED YOU MIGHT DIE SOMETIME IN THE FUTURE PADME

HI I'M A SITH AND YOU KNOW DAMN WELL NOT TO TRUST ME BUT WILL YOU TRUST ME ANYWAY

OKAY MR. PALPATINE

HIS LOVE FOR PADME AND THE PRIOR VISIONS HE HAD OF HIS MOTHER THAT CAME TRUE IS WHAT HAUNTED HIM. HE DID NOT WANT PADME TO SUFFER THE SAME FATE, AND UNFORTUNATELY, HE TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE POWER NEEDED FOR HER SURVIVAL. PALPATINE WAS PROBABLY LYING ABOUT THE POWER, AND USED IT TO GET ANAKIN TO HIS SIDE. CAPS LOCK. CAPS LOCK.

Go Up