October 23, 2024, 02:35:48 AM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Oh god

Started by Feynman, June 15, 2007, 01:09:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Feynman

Windows is pretty hard to figure out because of all its extra shit; and most Windows users are complete dumbasses when it comes to their operating system. Like in the other topic, some of them don't even know how to check the size of their "applications folder".

If you people can't handle Windows like this, don't even think twice about using Linux. Hell, just kill yourself.

Sports1

Lol.

No wonder 1% or less use of users use Linux.

mariofreak55

I'm confused as to why a normal person would like to know the size of their "applications folder". A person most likely uses their computer for word processing, email, chatting, etc. And why the fuck would we want to use a shit OS like Linux if we have something like Windows?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: MILADMAAAN on June 15, 2007, 01:11:43 PM
I'm confused as to why a normal person would like to know the size of their "applications folder". A person most likely uses their computer for word processing, email, chatting, etc. And why the fuck would we want to use a shit OS like Linux if we have something like Windows?
Security, hardware efficiency, free software, etc.

Why would someone use a shit OS like Windows when we have something like Mac OS X, Fedora Core, and BSD?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Phydeaux

And why the fuck would we want to use a shit OS like Linux if we have something like Windows?
lol

The thing is, Lawlz specifically asked for the size of a folder named Applications. He didn't ask for Program Files.  He didn't ask for /usr.

C.Mongler

I don't know whare my apps folda is but I've used Linux just fine before.

Feynman

First of all, if you know how to use a computer you'd know that Windows is the worst operating system ever. I can tell Microsoft rushes these things. Windows could improve their application-handling system; they need to stop making so many damn shortcuts everywhere. Windows could use a lot of improvements, they could've done them in Vista but they were just too busy having sex with glass.

As for Linux, people who hate Windows go straight to Linux. Also, "Linux" itself isn't an OS.

shit OS like Linux if we have something like Windows?

Holy shit, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. gonk;

Phydeaux

Quote from: Lawlz on June 15, 2007, 01:14:02 PM
Why would someone use a shit OS like Windows when we have something like Mac OS X, Fedora Core, and BSD?
So they can actually use the hardware that they bought.

Quote from: Bassir on June 15, 2007, 01:15:15 PM
Also, "Linux" itself isn't an OS.
In before Stallman rant.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 15, 2007, 01:14:17 PM
And why the fuck would we want to use a shit OS like Linux if we have something like Windows?
lol

The thing is, Lawlz specifically asked for the size of a folder named Applications. He didn't ask for Program Files.  He didn't ask for /usr.
An application is a program. Since I'm used to saying 'apps' instead of 'programs', that's just what I typed. Whatever folder(s) contains applications is the size I was asking about.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Phydeaux

Quote from: Lawlz on June 15, 2007, 01:18:05 PM
Whatever folder(s) contains applications is the size I was asking about.
The capitalization strongly suggested you were asking about a folder named Applications.

Kalahari Inkantation

...WTF is Linux? psyduck;

V

I use my computer for the basic shit. Internet and all the simplistic things. I don't really need to know all that technical mubo-jumbo.   caterpie;

Phydeaux

Sports1

Quote from: HUNTER FANTRON on June 15, 2007, 01:20:45 PM
...WTF is Linux? psyduck;

A very popular open source operating system that runs on a variety of hardware platforms including x86, Itanium, PowerPC, ARM and IBM's entire product line. Based on many design principles used in the Unix operating system, and thereby often called a "Unix clone" or "Unix variant," Linux is widely deployed as a server OS and as an embedded OS.

http://www.answers.com/%20Linux

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: V on June 15, 2007, 01:22:41 PM
I use my computer for the basic shit. Internet and all the simplistic things. I don't really need to know all that technical mubo-jumbo.   caterpie;

Yeah, same here. educate;

Go Up