October 23, 2024, 02:39:26 AM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Oh god

Started by Feynman, June 15, 2007, 01:09:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 15, 2007, 01:20:28 PM
Quote from: Lawlz on June 15, 2007, 01:18:05 PM
Whatever folder(s) contains applications is the size I was asking about.
The capitalization strongly suggested you were asking about a folder named Applications.
GOOD ENOUGH.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Phydeaux

Quote from: Lawlz on June 15, 2007, 01:26:18 PM
GOOD ENOUGH.
If it makes you feel any better, I just made a folder named Applications.  Its size is 0KB so far.

Daddy

lul Program files.

Sports1

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 15, 2007, 01:27:25 PM
GOOD ENOUGH.
If it makes you feel any better, I just made a folder named Applications.  Its size is 0KB so far.

Lol.

ncba93ivyase

GOOD ENOUGH.
You make me proud.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

mariofreak55

Quote from: Lawlz on June 15, 2007, 01:32:58 PM
GOOD ENOUGH.
You make me proud.
You make me cry. :'(

sebastian

Most people (if not all) who use Windows, use it because they were raised on it. It's what their parents used, it's what their friends used, heck, their schools might even use them. And the biggest thing everyone talks about when switching, even when they want to switch (either to Mac or Linux), is:" But it'll take too long to get used to" or," I probably won't understand it." Which might even be true, since most of them don't even understand Windows fully.

But here are some true stories. My father used Windows since, well, I don't know how long. He used it in his company, he used it in his home, basically, it was all he ran it on. But about six years ago, he bought an iMac. And at this point, he doesn't even own a Windows anymore. With my mother, it was basically the same. Except she is, as some say, computer illiterate. She used to never use the computer, simply because she could never understand it. And now, that they switched to Mac, my mother spends roughly five hours a day on the computer.

And here's a Linux one. A friend of mine, who's dad had a degree in rocket science, was a complete Windows fanatic. He was one of those guys that was at the Vista conference in Houston back in November, and got Vista when they only released it for businesses. And, when it came to talking about computers, he was more biased than anyone I've ever met. And then, in a matter of three days, he switched to Linux. He even took Vista off his laptop.

One thing I've yet to hear about, though, is a Mac/Linux user switching to Windows...
QuoteDon't worry, if you've got nothing to hide, there'll never be a reason to hook electrodes to you genitals.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: sebastian on June 15, 2007, 01:40:48 PM

One thing I've yet to hear about, though, is a Mac/Linux user switching to Windows...
Mariofreak, but we all know he's retarded.

From what I see, the reason people tend to choose Windows is because they believe that's all there is. Many seem to think if it's not available at Wal-Mart, they shouldn't even consider it. The whole "no one uses Mac/Linux" excuse pisses me off. There is always an equivalent to every app on every modern OS. Hell, and if there isn't, there's WINE.

Phydeaux

Quote from: Lawlz on June 15, 2007, 01:46:37 PM
Hell, and if there isn't, there's WINE.
Wine is far from perfect.
I'd rather just dual-boot, thanks.

Go Up