How much have you shelled out on your personal shitbox of a car in Q2 2016?

Started by ME##, June 06, 2016, 11:48:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

notsid you have a subaru?
i had a 95 legacy sedan for like 5 years that was great but i could feel it slowly dying and felt like it was in my best interests financially to rid myself of it

ME##

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on June 06, 2016, 05:58:08 PM
it is a beautiful "deep bronze" 2008 subaru outback with 141,000 miles on it and it smells a little like teriyaki sauce cause i spilled some on the front seat and now there is a stain.

damn, did somebody use that as like a road trip car exclusively?  my 2001 only has 166k on it lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: David on June 06, 2016, 06:00:51 PM
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on June 06, 2016, 05:58:08 PM
it is a beautiful "deep bronze" 2008 subaru outback with 141,000 miles on it and it smells a little like teriyaki sauce cause i spilled some on the front seat and now there is a stain.

damn, did somebody use that as like a road trip car exclusively?  my 2001 only has 166k on it lol
it was some ladies commuter car. she would drive from Sandy oregon into portland. "mostly highway miles" was used by her husband, a cool vietnam vet who was an engineer. but we all know that's a lot of hooey.

dude did a good job servicing this thing tho. everything was tuned up and brakes were done before i bought it. also the tires have some kind of les schwab warranty on them. (not that ill ever use it lol)

right after i bought it i scraped the front end on some cement trying to pull out of a tricky parking job.

fast forward to last month, my landlord backed into my front end when she was leaving my building. lady cut me a check for 715$ and i got a new front bumber without spending a dime B)

strongbad

Quote from: antmaster5000 on June 06, 2016, 06:18:57 PM
are you tryna get a new car or gonna go pure portland biker
it would be cool to go Pure Bike but i dont have a bike lol.

i used Trimet when i first moved and honestly its a fine way to get around the city. buses run every 15 minutes and they're pretty reliable. idk if i got a different car it would be one that i dont have to make payments on

there are shops that rent bikes but they dont have a system like nyc

squirrelfriend

since portland is going to be gentrified hell i betcha there will be one starting up soon

??????

im surprised portland doesn't have a system like citibike where you just rent a bike without talking to anyone
i spent 0$ on my car because i don't want to drive lol
nyc transit is pretty okay

strongbad

famy

strongbad

silvertone

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on June 06, 2016, 07:26:26 PM
im surprised portland doesn't have a system like citibike where you just rent a bike without talking to anyone
i spent 0$ on my car because i don't want to drive lol
nyc transit is pretty okay

they started one up but it's only in downtown

Go Up