May 08, 2024, 06:43:51 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

rdl

Stasis seems cheap imo so I don't use it. Headshots take a ton of skill on a charging swinging Lynel lol.

I knocked the Lynel above Zora's Domain once but can't remember how. Must've been the sword I was using.

TooB

March 22, 2017, 01:48:41 PM #586 Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:54:40 PM by Big Goop
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 22, 2017, 01:44:58 PM
Quote from: Snowy on March 22, 2017, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on March 22, 2017, 01:28:56 PM
Quote from: Snowy on March 22, 2017, 01:26:14 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on March 22, 2017, 12:37:48 PM
Quote from: Snowy on March 22, 2017, 12:19:29 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on March 22, 2017, 09:33:47 AM
I just plain don't like the mechanic of dropping your weapon when electrocuted
you can just put it away or use a non-metal weapon
but, why would you put it away when you're fighting an enemy?
i mean why wouldn't you have wooden weapons with you.
cause they're weak sauce. And like kaz said, you drop those too anyway
The Korok one is like 22, which isn't the worst thing ever in normal circumstances. Yeah, you drop anything you're holding, but if you aren't wearing any metal (why would you in a lightning storm), you won't be struck at all.

Dude we were talking about being hit by an electric attack from an enemy, not a lightning storm
yes. ^this

specifically the [spoiler]thunderblight ganon[/spoiler] fight

and while I did only mention the mechanic in general, it was in reference to the conversation about that fight, or any fight

Tbh, I was a bit confused why you were telling me all this, until you mentioned the thunderstorms

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on March 22, 2017, 01:46:17 PM
Stasis seems cheap imo so I don't use it.

well then tbh it's your own fault Lynel fights are so hard for you lol

Samus Aran

i fought a Molduga for the first time today, it was pathetically easy tbh

speaking of overworld bosses, killing black Hinoxes has gotten me tons of Royal Broadswords, Royal Claymores, and Royal Bows. these are all really good weapons tbh. i think weapon drops "level" with your current amount of hearts or smth, because I definitely very often find really good stuff now. likewise, i think enemy variations must "level" with you the same way, because at this point for me, most Bokoblins are black or white, most Moblins are black, most Lizalfos are at least blue if not a fire/electric/frost one, and most Hinoxes are blue or black. rarely see the first forms of any enemies anymore, except Lynels (but even most of those have turned blue)

C.Mongler

beat thunderguy, woot lad

i guess im gonna

1. get the mister sword
2. get all the memories
3. kill ganon

and then im probably done-zo. game is phenominal, but i feel like it starts to wear around 40-50 hours, which is where i'm at. still probably like 5+ hours of shit to do though at least lol and a lot more if i really wanted to

rdl

i can't really go past 2ish hours tbh without getting bored. world's too big. it's too easy to waste time going up and down a road because you thought you saw something but you didn't lol.

speaking of idk how anyone is going through this game without a horse. running is so slow.

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 22, 2017, 08:48:57 PM
beat thunderguy, woot lad

i guess im gonna

1. get the mister sword
2. get all the memories
3. kill ganon

and then im probably done-zo. game is phenominal, but i feel like it starts to wear around 40-50 hours, which is where i'm at. still probably like 5+ hours of shit to do though at least lol and a lot more if i really wanted to

was that your last divine beast? i've still yet to do the big ol' lizard on death mountain

personally i'm not done with this game until i do all the shrines and get enough korok seeds to max my pouch and get all the memories and probably all the sidequests and get all the memories and max all the armor i wanna max and maybe fill out the whole compendium (big maybe). and kill ganon of course.

btw, apparently once you beat ganon, the game will start telling your completion percentage.

rdl

heres another post so my whiny mug is at the top of the page again lmao

going to quadrants with no plot in it sort of feels like a waste of time. i probably just need a faster horse cause it takes so long to find out you're heading somewhere with only korok seeds and no shrines.

TooB

I personally feel like the map is just.... too big. Like, it sounds cool as a bullet point, but actually traveling that isn't always fun.

It is if you're just exploring and whatnot, but when you're just trying to make it to your next objective, it can get pretty tiring.

C.Mongler

Quote from: ADX on March 22, 2017, 09:16:40 PM
speaking of idk how anyone is going through this game without a horse. running is so slow.

horses are fucking slow too lol thats how. the best way to traverse the game is to get to a high point and then fly your ass in the general direction you intend to go, rinse repeat. horses just slow that down because they can't climb mountains and they don't follow you past like 100 feet. i found a horse when the mechanic was introduced to me, saved it at a stable, and then never rode a horse again. it was nice that they added it for that 'classic zoldo feel' i guess, but i've found them entirely pointless. sand walruses on the other hand, oh baby

Quote from: ADX on March 22, 2017, 09:25:30 PM
going to quadrants with no plot in it sort of feels like a waste of time. i probably just need a faster horse cause it takes so long to find out you're heading somewhere with only korok seeds and no shrines.

wut lol. every quadrant has plot in it lol as every quadrant has at least one memory or actual divine beast in it, and the memories are the most dense part of the plot to begin with since they're the pieces that actually make zelda into a character and not a trope. also every quadrant has like at minimum 5 shrines i think so i don't know what to even tell you for that one lol

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 22, 2017, 09:19:30 PM
was that your last divine beast? i've still yet to do the big ol' lizard on death mountain

personally i'm not done with this game until i do all the shrines and get enough korok seeds to max my pouch and get all the memories and probably all the sidequests and get all the memories and max all the armor i wanna max and maybe fill out the whole compendium (big maybe). and kill ganon of course.

btw, apparently once you beat ganon, the game will start telling your completion percentage.

yeah i'm done with the beasts. IMO the game was designed to basically play until you get your fill since there's waaaaaaaaaaaay more shrines and korok seeds than one could ever really need; i don't think they really intended for it to be a completionists game since it does kind of get tiresome after a while and your reward for collecting all the korok seeds is a literal piece of shit, which i think is nintendo's way of saying "fuck you you big nerd"

i've barely done any of the compendium but now i realize you can track where weapons and shit are so oopsies

i find a lot of the side quests to be boring, anyone have any recommendations for actual good ones that aren't 'get me x amount of y!' or 'this person is on the other side of this landmass, go talk to them!'

Commander Fuckass

guys why is Zelda so adorable in this game  :(
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on March 23, 2017, 09:37:04 AM
guys why is Zelda so adorable in this game  :(
its her butt vs. 2b's butt.
[spoiler]2b wins[/spoiler]

C.Mongler

thats not fair 2b has a 'gimme dat butt' button

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 23, 2017, 10:00:13 AM
thats not fair 2b has a 'gimme dat butt' button
life ain't fair chief :) lol

Samus Aran

speaking of zelda, i actually really like her backstory in this game.

Go Up