May 08, 2024, 04:22:00 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Started by Commander Fuckass, December 05, 2014, 09:15:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

how cool

5 wow, such zelda
4 (30.8%)
4 omg omg omg
4 (30.8%)
3 meh, this is the exciting zelda?
3 (23.1%)
2 looks bland, do not want
1 (7.7%)
1 poopy poop
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 22, 2017, 05:17:53 AM
anyway for an actual complaint
[spoiler=gerudo boss spoilerino]did anyone else find the second phase of thunderblight ganon to be complete unfun bullshit? i've tried it like 3 times now and its been 3 times of getting hit by his electric sword/shield, falling, dropping my weapon, standing up, and then getting hit again and dying before i can change weapons/ready my weapon/ pick up an old one. and the timing for backflips is wildly different than the first phase and it fucking punishes you for fucking it up since he does an extra extended hit.

i also don't like how this fight shoehorns you into using dodge/parry as your only means of beating the boss. at least with the other ones you could shoot arrows or make up some other tactic; as far as i can tell dodging and then counter attacking is literally the only way to do damage which is annoying because i have to learn the bosses animations to do that[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I used the magnet to pick up one of the metal spikes he threw at me and made him zap himself with the lightning and fall, then followed up with a flurry of attacks that killed him in one round[/spoiler]

TooB

I just plain don't like the mechanic of dropping your weapon when electrocuted

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on March 22, 2017, 08:04:15 AM
[spoiler=gerudo boss spoilerino]did anyone else find the second phase of thunderblight ganon to be complete unfun bullshit? i've tried it like 3 times now and its been 3 times of getting hit by his electric sword/shield, falling, dropping my weapon, standing up, and then getting hit again and dying before i can change weapons/ready my weapon/ pick up an old one. and the timing for backflips is wildly different than the first phase and it fucking punishes you for fucking it up since he does an extra extended hit.

i also don't like how this fight shoehorns you into using dodge/parry as your only means of beating the boss. at least with the other ones you could shoot arrows or make up some other tactic; as far as i can tell dodging and then counter attacking is literally the only way to do damage which is annoying because i have to learn the bosses animations to do that[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I used the magnet to pick up one of the metal spikes he threw at me and made him zap himself with the lightning and fall, then followed up with a flurry of attacks that killed him in one round[/spoiler]

same, but i didn't figure that out very quickly lol, i took a lot of damage

Quote from: Big Goop on March 22, 2017, 09:33:47 AM

same

C.Mongler

[spoiler]isn't that just how you are supposed to initiate the second phase though? he just kind of hovers around until you do the spike trick, and then he does what i was whining about which is fucks your butthole raw with lightning and unpredictable attack patterns. or unpredictable in the sense that i'm going to have to GAME OVER like 5 more times in order to learn them. none of the weapons i have on hand are strong/fast enough to kill him off the initial fall-down[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 22, 2017, 11:24:42 AM

[spoiler]isn't that just how you are supposed to initiate the second phase though? he just kind of hovers around until you do the spike trick, and then he does what i was whining about which is fucks your butthole raw with lightning and unpredictable attack patterns. or unpredictable in the sense that i'm going to have to GAME OVER like 5 more times in order to learn them. none of the weapons i have on hand are strong/fast enough to kill him off the initial fall-down[/spoiler]

i mean to be frank, you can hold like 30 meals which you should be using to make it impossible to get a game over. got anything with electric resistance? you could also just keep healing yourself with straight up healing meals. or is your armor particularly shitty or you have few hearts or smth?

btw, if you have the master sword, it gets powered up to 60 during these dungeons and their boss fights

also also, if you have revali's gale you can always use that to get yourself up with the paraglider for some free slow-mo arrow damage

also also also, if you have stasis+ you could freeze him for a moment and hit him

i mean there's tons of ways to fight any enemy in this game tbh

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on March 22, 2017, 12:19:29 PM
you can just put it away or use a non-metal weapon

negative, when you get electrocuted you'll drop any melee weapon you're holding, metal or not

TooB

but, why would you put it away when you're fighting an enemy?

C.Mongler

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 22, 2017, 12:14:35 PM

i mean to be frank, you can hold like 30 meals which you should be using to make it impossible to get a game over. got anything with electric resistance? you could also just keep healing yourself with straight up healing meals. or is your armor particularly shitty or you have few hearts or smth?

btw, if you have the master sword, it gets powered up to 60 during these dungeons and their boss fights

also also, if you have revali's gale you can always use that to get yourself up with the paraglider for some free slow-mo arrow damage

also also also, if you have stasis+ you could freeze him for a moment and hit him

i mean i've got like 5 faeries and like 40 meals, but pausing, deciding which meal(s) i would like to injest, and resuming, getting hit 2 seconds later, and then having to repeat, is not exactly enjoyable; it's just micromanagement and annoying. i don't have any electricity resistance at the moment tbf i guess

do arrows work? i havent tried slow mo firing them off a gale, but every other arrow shot i've done with every type of arrow literally does nothing to him from the angles i've tried

also you literally just informed me that upgraded runes exist, so that's an option i'll have to explore now i guess lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 22, 2017, 12:41:27 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 22, 2017, 12:14:35 PM

i mean i've got like 5 faeries and like 40 meals, but pausing, deciding which meal(s) i would like to injest, and resuming, getting hit 2 seconds later, and then having to repeat, is not exactly enjoyable; it's just micromanagement and annoying. i don't have any electricity resistance at the moment tbf i guess

do arrows work? i havent tried slow mo firing them off a gale, but every other arrow shot i've done with every type of arrow literally does nothing to him from the angles i've tried

also you literally just informed me that upgraded runes exist, so that's an option i'll have to explore now i guess lol

i mean i wouldn't just quit trying the boss just to go get stasis+, it only freezes boss enemies for like literally two seconds. it's mostly for smaller enemies. pretty much mandatory for fighting lynels tbh

arrows don't do anything special to this boss but they'll at least do damage i guess

C.Mongler

i meant they literally didn't do damage either; even the bombs blow up with no health loss to him. it was kinda silly, but i'll give gale jumping a shot when i'm off work in an hour  bassir;

also i dont have the mister sword yet i only have like 8 hearts

rdl

man a lot of people just raced through this game.

i wish you could counter lynels. literally all you can do is flurry rush them to death. there should be a way to properly fight them, like knock them down, knock away their swords, etc. actually have arrows do anything against them.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on March 22, 2017, 01:26:14 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on March 22, 2017, 12:37:48 PM
i mean why wouldn't you have wooden weapons with you.
cause they're weak sauce. And like kaz said, you drop those too anyway

rdl

Samus Aran

Quote from: ADX on March 22, 2017, 01:02:01 PM
man a lot of people just raced through this game.

i wish you could counter lynels. literally all you can do is flurry rush them to death. there should be a way to properly fight them, like knock them down, knock away their swords, etc. actually have arrows do anything against them.

An arrow headshot stuns them and knocks them down. Stasis freezes them long enough for you to hit them a lot of times, and then when time resume they stagger so you can hit them even more. And although I haven't figured it out yet, I know one of their animations (probably when they get on all fours to charge you) allows you to mount them and hit them while they try to buck you off.

Lynels are hard, but stasis+ makes them much more manageable. And you definitely don't have to only use flurry attacks lol

You can also do extra bits of damage now and then with bombs of course. Bombs plus chu jellies for maximum bomb damage

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on March 22, 2017, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on March 22, 2017, 01:28:56 PM
Quote from: Snowy on March 22, 2017, 01:26:14 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on March 22, 2017, 12:37:48 PM
i mean why wouldn't you have wooden weapons with you.
cause they're weak sauce. And like kaz said, you drop those too anyway
The Korok one is like 22, which isn't the worst thing ever in normal circumstances. Yeah, you drop anything you're holding, but if you aren't wearing any metal (why would you in a lightning storm), you won't be struck at all.

Dude we were talking about being hit by an electric attack from an enemy, not a lightning storm

Go Up