October 03, 2024, 08:21:24 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire

Started by ncba93ivyase, May 07, 2014, 07:22:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

bluaki

So there's more info in the last couple days

New megas:
Mega Altaria (Fairy/Dragon, Pixilate)
Mega Salamence (Dragon/Flying, Aerilate)
Mega Lopunny (Normal/Fighting, Scrappy)
this is in addition to the previously-confirmed ORAS megas: Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Metagross, Diancie

New mechanics:
Mega Evolution translates into contests as a special appeal
The previously-confirmed Cosplay Pikachu is a special one-of-a-kind Pikachu whose forms are for each contest category
The protagonists have special costumes for Pokemon Contests
Horde Battles can now happen with trainers; for example, 5 Team Magma Grunts can team up against you. And you still only send out 1 pokemon when that happens.

Characters:
Contest Idol Lisia is the person who teaches you about Pokemon Contests

Events:
A shiny Beldum (holding a mega stone) will be distributed starting the day the games release, similar to Torchic a year ago

Overall:
It's looking like they're making contests worse in gameplay and balance than before. I think they're trying to redesign the contests system to make it a lot more like Japan's idol trends; a few things remind me a lot of Aikatsu in particular, which I guess makes sense because it's popular with Japanese children.
I still don't like the mega evolution mechanic much.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: bluaki on August 10, 2014, 09:45:46 AM
So there's more info in the last couple days

New megas:
Mega Altaria (Fairy/Dragon, Pixilate)
Mega Salamence (Dragon/Flying, Aerilate)
Mega Lopunny (Normal/Fighting, Scrappy)
this is in addition to the previously-confirmed ORAS megas: Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Metagross, Diancie

New mechanics:
Mega Evolution translates into contests as a special appeal
The previously-confirmed Cosplay Pikachu is a special one-of-a-kind Pikachu whose forms are for each contest category
The protagonists have special costumes for Pokemon Contests
Horde Battles can now happen with trainers; for example, 5 Team Magma Grunts can team up against you. And you still only send out 1 pokemon when that happens.

Characters:
Contest Idol Lisia is the person who teaches you about Pokemon Contests

Events:
A shiny Beldum (holding a mega stone) will be distributed starting the day the games release, similar to Torchic a year ago

Overall:
It's looking like they're making contests worse in gameplay and balance than before. I think they're trying to redesign the contests system to make it a lot more like Japan's idol trends; a few things remind me a lot of Aikatsu in particular, which I guess makes sense because it's popular with Japanese children.
I still don't like the mega evolution mechanic much.
horde battle is pretty cool but fuck these goddamn megaevolutions

YPrrrr

Cool always wanted altaria to be more useful

Does lopunny get some even more playboy bunny features? A giant rack perhaps. Sucha weird ppokemon

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPR Classic on August 10, 2014, 02:48:54 PM
Cool always wanted altaria to be more useful

Does lopunny get some even more playboy bunny features? A giant rack perhaps. Sucha weird ppokemon

worse, it gets a pair of torn pantyhose

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Samus Aran

jesus, like we needed salamence to be any more op

then again i guess it was inevitable because they already did so for garchomp (though garchomp's mega isn't really any better than normal garchomp tbh)

Hiro

YPrrrr

bluaki

Mega Rayquaza was just revealed today

And a couple other megas haven't yet been posted in this thread:
Slowbro
Audino

So far we have 14 new megas in ORAS.

Megas aside, I don't think we've gotten any actual gameplay news for ORAS recently. We still don't know whether trainer customization is back. The games are still set to release November 21, which is the Friday before Thanksgiving and is 7 weeks from now.

ME##

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/661226-pokemon-black-version-2/62528845

i share this same issue with the op please remedy this in Ļ‰ ruby and Ī± sapphire, pokĆ©mon compnay

bluaki

More megas again: Latios, Latias, Beedrill, Pidgeot
The latios/latias megas look exactly like the models that were found in the data of X/Y

There's a new sky world mechanic. You can use Latios or Latias with an Eon Flute item to fly around a special sky overworld in which there are floating islands where you can catch a ton of foreign pokemon from not-hoenn including even legendaries like Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, and Palkia. Supposedly, between X+Y+OR+AS, every pokemon will be available in Gen6 except event-exclusive legendaries.

I hope the sky world isn't filled with Sky Trainers myface;

The Eon Ticket returns again as an event item, which grants you the ability to catch the other counterpart of Latias or Latios that wasn't roaming Hoenn in your version

Samus Aran

now even pokemon will have a better sky world than skyward sword

bluaki

All the touchscreen features from X/Y return as part of the new PokeNav: Amie, Super Training, and PSS
The Pokenav also has some new "DexNav" feature which apparently shows you a lot of info that pokedexes usually don't

The Japanese demo reveals two more Mega Evolutions for Glalie and Steelix.

Interviews confirm that outfit customization does not exist in ORAS and that X/Y will not receive a patch for compatibility with new forms

Patrick Stickles

What the fuck was it for anyway?

Go Up