October 03, 2024, 08:31:06 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire

Started by ncba93ivyase, May 07, 2014, 07:22:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

bluaki

Quote from: … on May 07, 2014, 08:48:46 PM
gts
I like to consider features like that, especially being hardware-dependent, as distinct from how good a region itself is.

Stuff like that would, in particular, not matter when comparing the regions for potential future remakes which are undoubtedly going to have all of those features regardless.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

sinnoh more like shittoh

cant wait to catch a tropius again

Samus Aran

god sinnoh's mud and snow shit was the absolute fucking worst

that gen was just one annoyance after another. i'm glad for the battle mechanics it added but that's about it

Hiro

i'm glad everyone agrees with me on what shit gen iv was
but really gen 3 is one of my favorites so i'm really excited for this one

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: bluaki on May 07, 2014, 08:57:39 PM
Quote from: … on May 07, 2014, 08:48:46 PM
gts
I like to consider features like that, especially being hardware-dependent, as distinct from how good a region itself is.

Stuff like that would, in particular, not matter when comparing the regions for potential future remakes which are undoubtedly going to have all of those features regardless.

wait but i thought we were talking about stuff that each generation brought to the table, not stuff that was particular to the region. or at least you took your argument about regions and applied it to my argument about generations which are two different things because sinnoh sucked but gen iv was fucking great

as you said the physical/special split of moves changed so much and breathed a lot of life into some pokemon who would be totally useless otherwise. the online features were pretty awesome because getting them all in gen iii was LOL pointless to even try unless you bought like 3 different games IN ONE GEN

gen iv started giving you more legendaries to look for which some say is dumb but was actually really cool because that's half the shit you do in post game, like i can still remember going to find heatran and it was like a completely new section of the game. i'm into the idea of areas unlocking only after the elite four and that's something that x/y sorely missed (oh cool i can fly to one new city whoopee)

also pokeradar and chaining shinies was cool, i sunk quite a few hours into that with some real results, it was the first game where you could do things that change the shiny rate

gen iv mon > gen iii mon imo if not only because i can't even think of a gen iii mon i would bother using
What the fuck was it for anyway?

silvertone

Quote from: y-i on May 07, 2014, 11:36:59 PM
i'm glad everyone agrees with me on what shit gen iv was
but really gen 3 is one of my favorites so i'm really excited for this one
all the gens are bad

bluaki

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on May 08, 2014, 06:02:59 AM
the online features were pretty awesome because getting them all in gen iii was LOL pointless to even try unless you bought like 3 different games IN ONE GEN
The minimum is four games, not three: Emerald, Leafgreen, Colosseum, and XD.
Still, all four of these games offer a unique experience and I'd say playing them all is worthwhile.
Leafgreen is required in particular because Slowpoke is exclusive to it. All the other R/S and FR/LG version exclusives are available in the Gamecube games.
It's six if you want to count replaying (or eReader) for Latios, Latias, Kabuto, and Omanyte.

I actually did this, but I personally used six games to get them all: Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen, Colosseum, and XD. I finished the gen3 Pokedex before Emerald released.

Collecting all the Pokémon now, without using online, probably requires a lot more than just four games.

Patrick Stickles

right but that's what i'm saying

instead of spending apparently close to $200 to get them on your own, they turned it into a much more social thing and now you only have to get one game and some friends who are willing to spend more money than you are

Samus Aran

which is what they wanted pokemon to be all along really

i'm pretty sure the whole idea of two versions in the first place was to promote trading with your friends + sell/promote nintendo link cables

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Presea Combatir on May 09, 2014, 06:03:43 PM
which is what they wanted pokemon to be all along really

i'm pretty sure the whole idea of two versions in the first place was to promote trading with your friends + sell/promote nintendo link cables

right definitely, it's just that gen iv was the first time it was mastered/i guess capable of being mastered

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

"Wow a gym full of bidoofs. 39.99 well spent"

YPrrrr

Quote from: Jojo on July 09, 2014, 10:18:50 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/pokmon_omega_ruby/b/3ds/archive/2014/07/08/own-and-curate-your-own-gym-in-pok-233-mon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-sapphire.aspx

Sounds like a cool feature
Sounded cool in link but then it's just secret bases. Always kind of wanted to create a gym that would have a story line NPCs would interact with. Maybe force you to go through the game with just one type of pokemon. Eh. Guess I'll just have to do that on my own

Go Up