July 01, 2024, 02:12:24 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Shut up and have fun

Started by TooB, October 28, 2013, 02:36:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

PLEASEHELP1991

is game informer still a puff piece for gamestop
or am i thinking of another magazine
I love [you]

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I don't have a lot of experience because I only really got back into playing videogames within the last few years, but from everything I've seen so far, the "gaming culture" is probably the whiniest, angriest, most antagonistic and shallow user bases outside of music snobs.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on October 28, 2013, 04:00:09 PM
I don't have a lot of experience because I only really got back into playing videogames within the last few years, but from everything I've seen so far, the "gaming culture" is probably the whiniest, angriest, most antagonistic and shallow user bases outside of music snobs.
same
I love [you]

TooB

Quote from: NotFelt on October 28, 2013, 03:19:27 PM
is game informer still a puff piece for gamestop
or am i thinking of another magazine
no you are right, they are owned by gamestop

TooB

Though its not like gamestop tells them what to think.

Samus Aran

or do they??? or does it matter either way???

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on October 28, 2013, 04:00:09 PM

it really is.

i mean, the "gaming culture" reserves the right to be angry about what they want to be angry about but they take it to a whole 'nother level by doing the same thing that music elitism does: making people feel bad for not being "hardcore."

there are issues where some of the whining may or may not be justified. issues like day 1 dlc, etc. but then there are instances like mass effect 3's ending where pretty much absolutely everyone huddled together in a massive, sweaty hate orgy and tried their very best to make everyone at bioware afraid for their lives. what i'm tryin to say here is that gamer entitlement goes way too far.

PLEASEHELP1991

October 28, 2013, 07:00:45 PM #7 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 07:43:11 PM by NotFelt
Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 28, 2013, 06:52:32 PM
or do they??? or does it matter either way???
it is relevant because shamestop has a vested interest in wanting people to shut up and buy games and supporting the existing gaming industry
I love [you]

TooB

Quote from: NotFelt on October 28, 2013, 07:00:45 PM
it is relevant because shamestop has a vested interest in wanting people to shut up and buy games and supporting the existing gaming industry
well duh. They operate a game store. Of course they want people to buy games.

Samus Aran

that wasn't really felt's point lol

TooB

PLEASEHELP1991

my point is really just consider the source
I love [you]

TooB

Oh. I know the source. And his point was to stop being so negative and enjoy games

Snowy

ncba93ivyase

i'll have fun when games start being fun

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up