June 28, 2024, 10:31:44 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Shut up and have fun

Started by TooB, October 28, 2013, 02:36:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

yes. i agree with the denouncing of the 4chan-ish attitude of having a negative, hate-filled reaction to literally everything, and the shittiness of the "nerd tribalism" that is perpetuated through console wars. but you can't completely give up your sense of criticism and just accept and praise every game that comes out. the video game industry NEEDS criticism right now especially, because it's going down the shitter.

TooB

Quote from: Fuck on October 30, 2013, 11:07:10 AM
yes. i agree with the denouncing of the 4chan-ish attitude of having a negative, hate-filled reaction to literally everything. but you can't completely give up your sense of criticism and just accept and praise every game that comes out. the video game industry NEEDS criticism right now especially, because it's going down the shitter.
well, thats not my point either.  The point is to not completely shit on every game immediately

ME##

don't let's

Quote from: Pancake Persona on October 29, 2013, 03:29:24 PM
i'll have fun when games start being fun
but they'll start being fun when people shut up

don't let's

And I guess dlc and all that fluff was a way for publishers to raise the prices of games without actually appearing to.

Snowy

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on October 30, 2013, 11:08:15 AM
well, thats not my point either.  The point is to not completely shit on every game immediately
that's exactly what he said lol

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Thyme

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on October 30, 2013, 10:57:59 AM
Did anyoneactually read the article?

no i just scrolled down to the review score like i always do

Snowy

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on October 30, 2013, 12:13:56 PM
that's exactly what he said lol
and thats what i said. So we agree.
I kinda read it wrong at first.  So my bad

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on October 30, 2013, 12:39:03 PM
no i just scrolled down to the review score like i always do
lol.
But yeah sorry nyerp .
I misunderstood what you wrote

strongbad

i think the game industry has gotten pretty saturated with "good" games over the last couple decades and now it is hard for developers to come out with new content that hasn't been done in some way before
this has also given gamers unrealistically high expectations for games, so the littlest things, even if they shouldn't be a deal-breaker by any means, get blown out of proportion

i see this a lot on boyah and on reddit
of course it is all subjective and i don't really follow the industry anymore anyways

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 30, 2013, 10:30:34 AM
i dont play video games and i publicly shame anyone who does

especialy those fuckin chileans on uncharted

ME##

Samus Aran

Go Up