The 2DS: or "what the fuck are you even doing anymore nintendo"

Started by Mando Pandango, August 28, 2013, 08:58:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ME##

also wow, it only has a mono speaker

seriously, nintendo?

Hippopo

Quote from: David on August 28, 2013, 04:28:27 PM
also wow, it only has a mono speaker

seriously, nintendo?
Uh, David... A 2d system doesn't need 3d-like sound :|||||||||

Kalahari Inkantation

there are so many things wrong with this that it's hard to focus on just one befuddlement

silvertone

Quote from: #rektron on August 28, 2013, 05:06:33 PM
there are so many things wrong with this that it's hard to focus on just one befuddlement

#1. probleM: probably is terrible frisbee

ME##

Quote from: #rektron on August 28, 2013, 05:06:33 PM
yeah.  it's really just a desperate bid to get parents unwilling to spend $150 on a handheld for their child to get this for pokémon x/y since it comes out on the same day :(

Kalahari Inkantation

seriously

and i guess this means nintendo still hasn't learned their lesson about releasing products with names deliberately designed to confuse the masses

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

snoorkel

Dullahan

bluaki

I just now realized: folding matters for quite a bit more than just protecting the screens.

A lot of features rely on having the system folded, so I looked into it and apparently 2DS has a sleep switch on the bottom. Out of all the renders I've seen so far, none showed the bottom, so I haven't seen it.

I wonder if this switch will count as "folding" in all games.

One thing that comes to mind right now is a part of Phantom Hourglass in which the player is told to copy an image from the top screen to the map in some way, with the solution being folding the system. With 2DS, maybe the sleep switch can advance past this, but it's even more unintuitive than the game was originally.

Hiro

Quote from: bluaki on August 28, 2013, 11:58:32 PM
I wonder if this switch will count as "folding" in all games.
I'm almost positive it will, since that's really the only way those games could tell the thing was closed. But I do agree, no kid's going to figure that out.
Also you can see a switch along the bottom-right in the front-facing images:

ME##

i really don't understand why start and select were moved to below the facebuttons.  that just seems like a weird decision 2 me

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up