Started by Mando Pandango, August 28, 2013, 08:58:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Alison Goldfrapp on August 28, 2013, 10:26:43 AM
3d doesn't damage people's eyes or cause seizures in most people lol
it usually causes eyestrain
that warning nintendo gave out is just overcautious
idk there was something about kids below a certain age being negatively affected by it

Real or perceived it hurt sales for that demographic

ME##

Rofl.  I've been waiting for the 2D version for so long, but it looks as poorly designed as the Wii Mini

PLEASEHELP1991

if the Nintendo 2ds becomes the lowest common denominator, could all 3ds games from now on abandon 3d?
I love [you]

Hiro

It is very Wii Mini-esque, yes
and I think it's pretty obviously targeted to moms who:
-don't want to spend very much on a 3DS
-think 3d's going to destroy their kid's eyes or something stupid

so in theory this wasn't a bad move to make at all, it's just that awful hinge-less design that ruins it

i can't wait for jmv to throw a fit about this though 5thgrade;

Hiro

it might be comfortable for kids to hold though, and it certainly does look like a toy for smaller children. portability and aesthetics don't really matter for that group much anyways
and i can see this thing going for $99 on black friday, or at least coming bundled with pokemon
so while the thing does look awful, i guess there could be a market for it

TooB

YPrrrr

Quote from: Milla Maxwell on August 28, 2013, 11:02:44 AM
Same disastor as pspgo
Probably
unlikely. Psps weren't exactly the hottest things on the market anyway and then they took out a ton of features like hard copy discs. It will probably do alright enough, nothing groundbreaking

TooB

Quote from: YPR Classic on August 28, 2013, 11:08:29 AM
unlikely. Psps weren't exactly the hottest things on the market anyway and then they took out a ton of features like hard copy discs. It will probably do alright enough, nothing groundbreaking
true...
But still...

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Psp go rocks.
I got one at a thrift-store thing for like fifty bucks and it's the absolute ultimate emulator machine.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

TooB

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

there aren't a lot of games that are hindered by removing 3d. but like Super Mario 3D Land is a lot harded imo if you removed the 3d completely.

i like the 3d on the 3ds, but going full blast usually causes the eyestrain that felt mentioned. i usually have it at like halfway.

like almost everyone in the thread, the hingeless design is off putting, but i also remember having an original gameboy that was a brick that ate batteries like the Leviathan devours whales. That thing didn't have a hinge and was massive but i shoved that thing in my pockets on every trip i went on, so i doubt it's a issue for the people that will recieve this product (i.e. kids like 12 and under)

However they have zagg shields for other models of the 3ds so i would assume they'll make them for this one too.

silvertone

Go Up