September 28, 2024, 03:51:41 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sonic Lost World

Started by Hiro, May 28, 2013, 12:02:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

I only played the Advance games for rings so I could feed my Chaos goowan

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Pancake Persona on May 28, 2013, 06:11:39 PM
advance series was bad jesus man

how dumb are you
keep telling that to yourself bro
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hiro

i have advance 2 and i think it's decent enough

NOA_Haunted

It seems like it should be called 'Sonic Galaxy'

Patrick Stickles

advance 1 was good, 2 was mediocre, and 3 was fairly terrible
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Hiro

May 29, 2013, 01:04:55 PM #20 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:08:17 PM by Snack Dad
http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-has-a-new-control-system-in-sonic-lost-world-254758.phtml
QuoteThose new characters? They are known as the Deadly Six. Dr. Eggman tried to get them to do his bidding, but like clockwork, they were having none of that. Thus Eggman teams up with Sonic to combat their mutual threat. Don't let this temporary partnership trick you into thinking you'll be getting play time as the fat man himself; as in the past few Sonic titles, the hedgehog will be the only playable character. Others like Tails and Knuckles will make appearances, but they will remain on the sidelines.

In Lost World, Sonic will walk by default with the tilt of the stick. Only once you hold down one of the GamePad triggers will Sonic launch into a sprint. Then if you hold down the second trigger, Sonic will curl into a ball for even greater speed.

Another issue plaguing Sonic's 3D escapades has been the sudden break in momentum should he run into a wall. In Lost World, as long as the run trigger is depressed, Sonic will execute a wall run or some other Parkour action should he slam into an obstacle. This will ensure that next to nothing will impede your forward progress.

Returning from Sonic Colors are the Wisp power-ups, which can be manipulated via the GamePad's touchscreen. If you wish, you can play with the Wii Remote-Nunchuk combo and pass the GamePad off to a second player, who will be able to offer touchscreen support à la New Super Mario Bros. U or Rayman Legends.

Hiro

Hiro

QuoteAlongside a single player adventure, the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Sonic Lost World will feature a range of competitive multiplayer modes.

oh fuck lol

Commander Fuckass

The only thing this has going for me is the art style.

They should bring fat Sonic back
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

the game plays itself now more than ever!!!!

Samus Aran

so far none of the news is bad...

so far........

Hiro

Quote“We wanted to create an all-new design for 3D Sonic games with Sonic: Lost World,” producer Takashi Iizuka told me via e-mail. “Ever since the first day of development, we were focused on creating new and unique levels to best fit this new style.”

That ‘style’ basically removes Sonic from the constraints of a cohesive, grounded world design. Instead, players will find themselves twisting, turning and jumping along floating constructs suspended in mid-air. Levels are now informed by gameplay needs, with some stages focusing on slower speeds with more platforming, and others pushing players to run as fast as possible. Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Wind Hill to something like Desert Ruins 1, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy. And just to throw a curveball, Desert Ruins 2 drops the sweets theme entirely, and features an entirely different gameplay style, opting for the ‘tunnel racing’ concept that Sonic games have used for decades.

Hiro

QuoteAll of this and there are still a wide range of smaller details that will certainly please long-time Sonic fans. Some factor directly into game mechanics, such as the fact that Sonic will once again save animals throughout levels. Rescuing these critters will not only be tracked level by level, but cumulatively, and will factor into unlockable content. And then there are more subtle things, such as the animation for Sonic’s running or the presence of Red Star Rings (collected for unlockable content) and gold cannons (which access hidden paths).

Nyerp

That ‘style’ basically removes Mario from the constraints of a cohesive, grounded world design. Instead, players will find themselves twisting, turning and jumping along floating constructs suspended in space. Levels are now informed by gameplay needs, with some stages focusing on slower speeds with more platforming, and others pushing players to roll on top of a ball or ride a manta ray. Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Gusty Garden Galaxy to something like Sweet Sweet Galaxy, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Fuck on May 29, 2013, 02:58:26 PM
That ‘style’ basically removes Mario from the constraints of a cohesive, grounded world design. Instead, players will find themselves twisting, turning and jumping along floating constructs suspended in space. Levels are now informed by gameplay needs, with some stages focusing on slower speeds with more platforming, and others pushing players to roll on top of a ball or ride a manta ray. Aesthetic ideas are now more free, ranging from the more idyllic, grassy settings of Gusty Garden Galaxy to something like Sweet Sweet Galaxy, which consists of cakes, cookies, donuts and all manners of candy.

this is pretty much exactly what i saw

Go Up