July 08, 2024, 03:41:20 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I froze my tongue to metal today

Started by Samus Aran, January 24, 2013, 12:26:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I was fiddling with the huge metal beer/liquor containers at work and needed both hands to shut the handles on one of them, so I took the lock and put it between my teeth, or at least that was the intention. I only realized slightly too late that it was winter and very cold out and this was a terrible idea. My tongue stuck to it immediately.

Thankfully, it wasn't something stationary. I dunno would have done then. But in this case I was able to just go back inside and sorta rub on my tongue/the metal to warm them up faster and was able to pull it off my tongue pretty quickly. But it hurts something awful once your tongue is free and it starts warming back up. It still hurts actually, and this was about 40 minutes ago. The tip of my tongue is numb.

itt have you ever done this or something idk  hocuspocus;

don't let's

YPrrrr

Never done it because that scene in a Christmas Story freaked me the fuck out

Samus Aran

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on January 24, 2013, 12:30:35 PM
you'll shoot your eye out

yes yes i thought of that movie as well while it was happening

i started laughing a bit while also groaning from the pain

don't let's

Though I once got my fingertips stuck to the inside of a freezer at my friend's house.

ME##

not my tongue, but i did get the tips of my finger stuck to my housekey back in middle school  n_u

bluaki

yet another thing I can't relate to because of living in florida girl;

also, I've never watched that movie

strongbad

when i was a dumb 7th grader my friends and i would do that to metal poles
it's actually very easy to get unstuck. you just need to make out with the metal sorta (get saliva on it) to unfreeze the bonds to your tongue.

YPrrrr

Quote from: ilovesloths on January 24, 2013, 02:29:28 PM
when i was a dumb 7th grader my friends and i would do that to metal poles
it's actually very easy to get unstuck. you just need to make out with the metal sorta (get saliva on it) to unfreeze the bonds to your tongue.
I don't know if that method would work at sub-0 temperatures

silvertone

goodjob; good going op you probably have tongue cancer from the snow.

Kalahari Inkantation

the thought of losing that outer layer of skin to something frozen is enough to make me question whether i ever want to put anything cold in my mouth again awdood;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on January 24, 2013, 03:04:42 PM
the thought of losing that outer layer of skin to something frozen is enough to make me question whether i ever want to put anything cold in my mouth again awdood;
b... but...
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ME##

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on January 24, 2013, 03:04:42 PM
but hot things can just be as devastating awdood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: NDDR on January 24, 2013, 02:40:22 PM
I don't know if that method would work at sub-0 temperatures

it helps but it's not enough to get unstuck

was only -5 today, it's been warming up

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dovydas on January 24, 2013, 03:20:46 PM
but hot things can just be as devastating awdood;

but the idea of actually having my taste buds peeled away from my tongue as opposed to just scorched seems so much more horrifying oh god msk;fnv;nsfv >.<

Go Up