September 29, 2024, 02:39:23 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, November 13, 2012, 05:21:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

November 13, 2012, 05:21:28 AM Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:05:02 PM by Snowy

strongbad

what causes depression? at least in my life, whenever i've been depressed, there's been something causing it, whether i wanted to admit it or not.

i suffered a lot of depression in highschool  that was mainly due to not having very many friends in real life who i could relate to, even though i would convince myself that my friends were great. i'd see other people's lives and compare them to my own (which is dumb) and see how much happier they were with all their relationships.
i didn't really realize that this was why i was frequently depressed until senior year of highschool/college when i started creating a lot of meaningful relationships that i like a lot

so idk finding out why you're depressed is definitely the first step to getting out of it

Commander Fuckass

time for snowy to start drinking heavily
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Snowy

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 13, 2012, 07:22:01 AM
what causes depression? at least in my life, whenever i've been depressed, there's been something causing it, whether i wanted to admit it or not.

i suffered a lot of depression in highschool  that was mainly due to not having very many friends in real life who i could relate to, even though i would convince myself that my friends were great. i'd see other people's lives and compare them to my own (which is dumb) and see how much happier they were with all their relationships.
i didn't really realize that this was why i was frequently depressed until senior year of highschool/college when i started creating a lot of meaningful relationships that i like a lot

so idk finding out why you're depressed is definitely the first step to getting out of it
I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. I'll have a pretty okay day and then suddenly I'm feeling really down and upset. I'm not sure of an exact cause, but I'm sure that there is one and I'm just not seeing it.

I feel that I'm in the same position. My friends, while they're nice for the most part, are true friends. The person I like probably wants nothing to do with me, the people I hang out with are assholes to each other and me, and there's no one else I can hang out with. I honestly don't know anyone else and I'm very limited due to Middle School. An old friend of mine spread lies about me when I moved here and then I was bullied all throughout Middle School, so I isolated myself and really didn't hang out with anyone. I jumped into the group I'm in now because I knew some of them. Now I'm stuck and I want out. But I don't know why I'm so depressed now. I just got into this group within the past year and this has been going on for about 2 or 3 years.

Andria

Boyah probably isn't the best place to ask. We're mostly just wasting away in the pits of despair.

if you seriously want help go see a professional
Quote from: Kefka on November 13, 2012, 07:35:09 AM
time for snowy to start drinking heavily

works for me wrench;

Snowy

Quote from: Andria on November 13, 2012, 08:02:13 AM
Boyah probably isn't the best place to ask. We're mostly just wasting away in the pits of despair.

I've considered it but I honestly don't want to bother my parents. They're busy and stressed enough, so I don't want to be another burden.

??????

FAMY2

Quote from: Snowy on November 13, 2012, 08:06:24 AM
Quote from: Andria on November 13, 2012, 08:02:13 AM

I've considered it but I honestly don't want to bother my parents. They're busy and stressed enough, so I don't want to be another burden.

How much of a burden would it be for them if you did something stupid and they lost you?  madood;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Well, hey, strongbad has a decent point. Try making a list of things that might be weighing heavier than other things. Actually sit down and write it out. That's a cathartic enough practice in itself to bump up the happy juice.

I know it's not something that people usually like to hear, but the fact of the matter is high school only matters as much as you let it matter. The majority of the relationships and friendships you have had throughout are going to dissipate and fall away after you graduate and get out into college or the workforce. And you're going to meet a ton of new people who've never heard of you before and develop some bitchin' relationships not based around any sophomoric pretense.

So if it's mainly relationships or friendships getting you down, just keep that fact above in mind and just keep reminding yourself that. Most people have similar issues in high school and it's terribly easy to get caught up and tangled.

You're a cool dude. Don't be so hard on yourself.

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on November 13, 2012, 07:49:10 AM

I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. I'll have a pretty okay day and then suddenly I'm feeling really down and upset. I'm not sure of an exact cause, but I'm sure that there is one and I'm just not seeing it.

I feel that I'm in the same position. My friends, while they're nice for the most part, are true friends. The person I like probably wants nothing to do with me, the people I hang out with are assholes to each other and me, and there's no one else I can hang out with. I honestly don't know anyone else and I'm very limited due to Middle School. An old friend of mine spread lies about me when I moved here and then I was bullied all throughout Middle School, so I isolated myself and really didn't hang out with anyone. I jumped into the group I'm in now because I knew some of them. Now I'm stuck and I want out. But I don't know why I'm so depressed now. I just got into this group within the past year and this has been going on for about 2 or 3 years.

yeah i feel like that's a common thing to go through in high school. i feel like when i was in highschool, i was in this mindset that my good friends had to be people that i went to school with, since that's what everyone else did. and yeah, i had some decent friends, but i should have just done shit that i enjoyed and met people that way.
like there was a lot of stuff that i wanted to do that i didnt do because my friends werent into it (competitive ssbm, cycling, climbing) when i should have done it anyway.

i don't know if this applies to you, but it's some food for thought i guess

NOA_Haunted

Snowy

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 13, 2012, 10:58:21 AM
Quote from: Snowy on November 13, 2012, 07:49:10 AM

yeah i feel like that's a common thing to go through in high school. i feel like when i was in highschool, i was in this mindset that my good friends had to be people that i went to school with, since that's what everyone else did. and yeah, i had some decent friends, but i should have just done shit that i enjoyed and met people that way.
like there was a lot of stuff that i wanted to do that i didnt do because my friends werent into it (competitive ssbm, cycling, climbing) when i should have done it anyway.

i don't know if this applies to you, but it's some food for thought i guess
Well, my closest friends are in college currently so it's not like I think they can only be people in my HS. But yeah, I think I'm limiting myself in what I actually want to do and what I'm doing.

strongbad

what do you want to be doing that you aren't doing?

Snowy

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 13, 2012, 01:53:04 PM
I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. I just know that I'm not happy doing what I'm doing now, so obviously I haven't found that thing for me yet.

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on November 13, 2012, 01:56:09 PM
Quote from: ilovesloths on November 13, 2012, 01:53:04 PM
I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. I just know that I'm not happy doing what I'm doing now, so obviously I haven't found that thing for me yet.

try some new stuff!
i'd highly recommend bouldering as a hobby. it's cheap (you only need climbing shoes which are like $80 and a membership to a gym) and it's so fucking fun.

or something of that sort

Go Up