September 29, 2024, 08:35:34 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how much do you like where you live

Started by snoorkel, October 20, 2012, 09:53:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

and tell why

hate
4 (19%)
sad
1 (4.8%)
ambivalent
10 (47.6%)
happy
4 (19%)
love
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Trevor on October 20, 2012, 08:12:22 PM
As far as the state goes, I love it. Despite what anyone says, I love Minnesota and everything it offers. I'm not saying its perfect but im quite a sentimental person, and Minnesota has my entire past. But this doesn't mean I don't want to leave.

I currently live in Winona which is really a lovely city. The city is surrounded by the mississippi and the Lake winonas and all in shadows to the lush (and currently wonderfully colorful)bluffs surrounding everything. Its a very picturesque city that is actually occupied by some quite interesting native residents.
But i'm just stuck kind of stuck not doing anything here. Just working. Too much. Just barely scraping by with all the money that I owe. And this place, not matter how beautiful, is not some where that I want to spend my life. Maddy and I have been pondering where we would like to move to when this current lease is up. I really want to get out of state, I can always come back.

i feel like you'd dig wa

me003

Quote from: lifetrends on October 20, 2012, 09:53:08 AM
i think all parts of this beautiful planet are worth living on
well I agree, now I don't even have to think!
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

LCK

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 20, 2012, 10:37:24 PM
words
how far out are you lloooking to go
anywhere in the continental us

Quote from: ilovesloths on October 21, 2012, 01:58:53 AM
words

i feel like you'd dig wa
olympia wa was actually #1 on our list. maddy was actually pretty serious for a while about moving there because of one of the schools there but we of course flipp flopped again but i would love to visit these places still.
i feel like i should at least visit before i move anywhere
but then again moving to a completely unknown area would have its own interesting advantages

ncba93ivyase

pittsburgh is really nice

My only complaint is that there's been a load of construction around my school and there's heavy traffic with the consequence of the air smelling like hell at all hours of the day. akudood;

downtown somehow smells clean, though

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

hotlikesauce.

strongbad

Quote from: Trevor on October 21, 2012, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: N o t S i d on October 20, 2012, 10:37:24 PM
words
how far out are you lloooking to go
anywhere in the continental us

Quote from: ilovesloths on October 21, 2012, 01:58:53 AM
words

i feel like you'd dig wa
olympia wa was actually #1 on our list. maddy was actually pretty serious for a while about moving there because of one of the schools there but we of course flipp flopped again but i would love to visit these places still.
i feel like i should at least visit before i move anywhere
but then again moving to a completely unknown area would have its own interesting advantages

I haven't spent a ton of time in Olympia. One of the most hippie-esque areas in Wa, but still very nice and scenic.

I wouldn't discount Bellingham though. I was pretty stoked on leaving Wa one day but I can't see that happening anytime soon. Bellingham is fuckin cool

??????

i give it a 8/10
i live right below the meat-packing district in manhattan, supposedly the most 'trendiest' place in the city
unfortunately, i'm way too young to participate in anything

but it is fun to walk out, there's always something very interesting going on
movie sets, modeling shoots or people's poodles just running around

but i'd rather live somewhere less snobby, maybe brooklyn in the next couple of months

piano moths

I could definitely say I love Flagstaff. There are good house shows that happen here often and everybody is friendly and for the time being the weather is AWESome but its gonna get cold really soon. That will be ok too I think tho

seriously a beautiful place though with nice clean air and good tap water and lots of stars because there are laws about the brightness of street lights or something cus of the Lowell Observatory.
kill them w kindness

piano moths

Quote from: ilovesloths on October 20, 2012, 04:05:53 PM
happy
it'd be love if the weather was better

but i fucking love bellingham. i couldnt imagine a better college town. Within a 3 mile radius there is the school, tons of off campus student housing, and the downtown area that has awesome local businesses. also it's really fucking beautiful. check this:

this is my university
although the weather is usually never that nice lol:
http://www.city-data.com/top2/c475.html

I was at a house show tonight and a Seattle based dude named Slashed Tires played and became my friend and gave me a lot of free stuff and is gonna play my music on his radio station in Seattle BUT he told me how he went to WWU and I said my friend goes there (meaning you, lol) and he said that Flagstaff reminds him of Bellingham
kill them w kindness

Snowy

king of prussia is only good for the mall

that's about it

strongbad

Quote from: eeeeeee on October 23, 2012, 02:20:41 AM
happy

but i fucking love bellingham. i couldnt imagine a better college town. Within a 3 mile radius there is the school, tons of off campus student housing, and the downtown area that has awesome local businesses. also it's really fucking beautiful. check this:

this is my university

I was at a house show tonight and a Seattle based dude named Slashed Tires played and became my friend and gave me a lot of free stuff and is gonna play my music on his radio station in Seattle BUT he told me how he went to WWU and I said my friend goes there (meaning you, lol) and he said that Flagstaff reminds him of Bellingham

oh that's pretty cool, i wonder if he does any shows up here

piano moths

Quote from: ilovesloths on October 23, 2012, 02:35:10 PM
Quote from: eeeeeee on October 23, 2012, 02:20:41 AM
happy

this is my university

oh that's pretty cool, i wonder if he does any shows up here

he might... he mostly plays house shows do you guys do that a lot in bellingham? he says he doesn't like playing clubs. his music is very danceable you should see him play if you can
kill them w kindness

strongbad

what kind of music? i go to a good amount of punk/hardcore house shows around here
you should totally come up for yellingham (http://yellingham.org/) this year. people throw house shows at many houses all weekend long. i wonder if your friend played last year. i might have seen him

piano moths

Quote from: ilovesloths on October 23, 2012, 04:41:39 PM
what kind of music? i go to a good amount of punk/hardcore house shows around here
you should totally come up for yellingham (http://yellingham.org/) this year. people throw house shows at many houses all weekend long. i wonder if your friend played last year. i might have seen him

his music is really guitar driven but then he has a drum machine with really dance-y beats. The band that played after him was a punk band and that is most of what is seen at house shows here as well. How far is Bellingham from Seattle? When i start getting $$ i was gonna make a trip to the pnw cus i gots some buddies chilling around and it sounds better than AZ for a second
kill them w kindness

??????

Quote from: Based God on October 23, 2012, 10:51:00 PM
Brooklyn is okay.  The music/art scene is really great and the nightlife, while not comparable to Manhattan, is sufficient.  But the community really sucks.  More and more hipsters move in every week since Brooklyn is the "place to be" right now.  Also, the cost of living is outrageous.  I'm planning on moving to somewhere in Queens by the end of the year, likely Long Island City, Astoria, or Flushing.

Quote from: Clucky on October 22, 2012, 11:41:08 AM
but i'd rather live somewhere less snobby, maybe brooklyn in the next couple of months
Brooklyn is probably just as, if not more, pretentious than wherever you are right now.

this place's much more pretentious
in the 30-something yuppie sort of way
it's in the west village near the hudson river

i've been thinking sunset park in brooklyn or flushing myself  lubdoods;
we can get MARRIED

Go Up