September 29, 2024, 08:33:44 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how much do you like where you live

Started by snoorkel, October 20, 2012, 09:53:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

and tell why

hate
4 (19%)
sad
1 (4.8%)
ambivalent
10 (47.6%)
happy
4 (19%)
love
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Go Down

snoorkel

i think all parts of this beautiful planet are worth living on

ikanaide

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ikanaide on October 20, 2012, 09:57:01 AM
what is ambivalent means?
it means mixed emotions

so you can enjoy it to some degree, but also dislike it

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ikanaide

Quote from: Pancake Persona on October 20, 2012, 11:15:35 AM
Quote from: ikanaide on October 20, 2012, 09:57:01 AM
what is ambivalent means?
it means mixed emotions

so you can enjoy it to some degree, but also dislike it

ok, thank you! happydood;

Geno

I live in Vancouver, WA, which is a shit whole. But I can drive 5 minutes to hang out in Portland, so that's usually what I do.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I don't really like where i live,  very small town in georgia. cost of living is low but there is nothing to do. I liked asheville a lot more.

FAMY2

Love Michigan in the summer and spring. Hate it the rest of the time.

Samus Aran

sometimes i like it, sometimes i hate it. it strongly depends on the time of the year and whether or not i happen to think at the time that i should be somewhere else.

strongbad

happy
it'd be love if the weather was better

but i fucking love bellingham. i couldnt imagine a better college town. Within a 3 mile radius there is the school, tons of off campus student housing, and the downtown area that has awesome local businesses. also it's really fucking beautiful. check this:

this is my university
although the weather is usually never that nice lol:
http://www.city-data.com/top2/c475.html

PLEASEHELP1991

i really hate living in eastern virginia suburbia because all of it is suburbs suburbs suburbs
I love [you]

bluaki

I hate its heat, humidity, distance from everyone I know from the internet, trans-unfriendliness, and I guess numerous miscellaneous other things like maybe transportation
and "sad" works too

aside from the issues I have with florida, living on campus at this university is rather nice and I like it quite a bit better than living with my family.

YPrrrr

I don't really like Milwaukee that much... it makes me uneasy after dark. Can't really walk around because I don't know all of the safe vs dangerous zones of the city.

I liked Madison a lot because it felt safe, everything you really needed was within walking distance, and it has the highest parks/mile ratio of any city of its size in the country. Really miss it. Thankfully I'm basically there 3/7 days a week and that might increase once I have a car

Mando Pandango

I enjoy it. It's a college town, the downtown area is great, and we're right on the river.

But man oh man are some people here fans of murder.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

LCK

As far as the state goes, I love it. Despite what anyone says, I love Minnesota and everything it offers. I'm not saying its perfect but im quite a sentimental person, and Minnesota has my entire past. But this doesn't mean I don't want to leave.

I currently live in Winona which is really a lovely city. The city is surrounded by the mississippi and the Lake winonas and all in shadows to the lush (and currently wonderfully colorful)bluffs surrounding everything. Its a very picturesque city that is actually occupied by some quite interesting native residents.
But i'm just stuck kind of stuck not doing anything here. Just working. Too much. Just barely scraping by with all the money that I owe. And this place, not matter how beautiful, is not some where that I want to spend my life. Maddy and I have been pondering where we would like to move to when this current lease is up. I really want to get out of state, I can always come back.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Trevor on October 20, 2012, 08:12:22 PM
As far as the state goes, I love it. Despite what anyone says, I love Minnesota and everything it offers. I'm not saying its perfect but im quite a sentimental person, and Minnesota has my entire past. But this doesn't mean I don't want to leave.

I currently live in Winona which is really a lovely city. The city is surrounded by the mississippi and the Lake winonas and all in shadows to the lush (and currently wonderfully colorful)bluffs surrounding everything. Its a very picturesque city that is actually occupied by some quite interesting native residents.
But i'm just stuck kind of stuck not doing anything here. Just working. Too much. Just barely scraping by with all the money that I owe. And this place, not matter how beautiful, is not some where that I want to spend my life. Maddy and I have been pondering where we would like to move to when this current lease is up. I really want to get out of state, I can always come back.
how far out are you lloooking to go

Go Up