due to horrible boredom, i present to you the boyah console census

Started by ME##, October 15, 2012, 03:41:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 16, 2012, 02:56:10 AM
Quote from: NDDR on October 16, 2012, 02:29:26 AM
Quote from: Snowy on October 15, 2012, 03:57:20 PM
I don't know what you guys do to your consoles to make them break. I've honestly never had a problem.
Because the original Wiis had shitty disc reading lasers :D

I've never had a console break aside from my Wii
you are literally the first person ive heard talk about a wii breaking
It seems pretty common on the interwebs... something about lens contamination and dual layer discs

Nintendo was even repairing them for free for a while since the issue was so prevalent
Quote from: Snowy on October 16, 2012, 04:09:21 AM
Quote from: NDDR on October 16, 2012, 02:29:26 AM
Quote from: Snowy on October 15, 2012, 03:57:20 PM
I don't know what you guys do to your consoles to make them break. I've honestly never had a problem.
Because the original Wiis had shitty disc reading lasers :D

I've never had a console break aside from my Wii
My Wii from launch is running perfectly. srsly
Then clearly this must be the case for all Wiiis :O

Surely personal experience defines the entire market! My xbox has never gotten a RROD, clearly all other incidents were caused directly by their owners

don't let's

Though good amount of them probably actually were from people not having them put in a well ventilated area. Probably laying it on the carpet, shoved up against the wall, and who knows what stacked around and on top of it.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on October 17, 2012, 02:10:18 AM
Though good amount of them probably actually were from people not having them put in a well ventilated area. Probably laying it on the carpet, shoved up against the wall, and who knows what stacked around and on top of it.
You should work in insurance

don't let's

October 17, 2012, 02:46:00 AM #18 Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 02:54:22 AM by Far Beyond Repair
You're being too uptight about other peoples viewpoints on this situation. And coming off as a little bit crabby. But this is Boyah so this could be all non-serious banter.

strongbad

only a wii (my 360 is at my parent's house since they love it for netflix and i never use it lol) which is currently bricked because i did some weird stuff to it. i was trying to install the netflix channel which froze during installation so i did a hard reset and now when i try to go from bootmii to either HBC or the sytem menu i get a black screen

so now i need to find my old NAND dumps or get a "clean" nand somewhere off of the internet. either way i lose all my save data, which is okay because i only use my wii for project m reall

Geno

Uhhh the only console I've ever had break (aside from my SNES getting destroyed by a fallen dresser like 10 years ago), was my 360. My cousin accidently moved it when he was walking by, and it ripped apart my Street Fighter IV disk. The day it came out too :(

But I got it replaced by Micro$oft for free, and my new one has lasted me a few years. So it's all good.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

oh shit my room mate just fixed our 360
i can play trials hd again fux yeah

Nyerp

don't let's

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectite on October 16, 2012, 12:14:07 PM
both my wii and kaz's wii required repair from the dreaded disc read error at some point lol

well, it's not mine. it's my sisters'. but they never really used it a ton. either way, yep, disc reading problems eventually.

i don't get the people in here who are like "lol wow u guise what did u do to make ur consoles break" because it's actually very common this gen, and it's always internal hardware failures that almost never have anything to do with how well we treat our consoles.

don't let's

Yes, of course, shoddy workmanship was prevalent this generation. But also when you treat your consoles with sub-par conditions (especially ones that can cause them to overheat) that just adds on top if it.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on October 20, 2012, 08:48:16 PM
Yes, of course, shoddy workmanship was prevalent this generation. But also when you treat your consoles with sub-par conditions (especially ones that can cause them to overheat) that just adds on top if it.

and i think it goes without saying that very few, if any, boyagers' broken consoles were treated poorly

p. sure we're all brighter than that

don't let's

Yeah, I don't about that if this whole forum is any indication.

Go Up