July 01, 2024, 01:13:26 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games you like/love

Started by TooB, August 29, 2012, 12:06:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

So... I got really tired of hearing people state how much they dislike a LOT of games.
So, let's try something new....
Tell me some games you like or love, maybe ones that nobady seems to know about, but it can be any.
I don't want any talk of how much a game sucks. It gets old fast. Remember, it's OK to like a videogame

(which everybody seems to forget these days.... srsly)

Snowy

I really like MGS3.

Like I really like it.

Thyme

"uncharted"
- the rest of boyah
[spoiler]and me as well but to a lesser extent[/spoiler]

we just like to complain a lot, not to mention a few who make hating video games part of their shtick (videoshames, etc)

PLEASEHELP1991

final fantasy xiii/final fantasy xiii-2
I love [you]

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on August 29, 2012, 12:56:36 PM
I really like MGS3.

Like I really like it.

good answer, but any reasons why? care to explain why? not that i disagree or anything, but that's what i want to hear, what you like and why.

Snowy

Quote from: feyd666 on August 29, 2012, 01:18:30 PM
good answer, but any reasons why? care to explain why? not that i disagree or anything, but that's what i want to hear, what you like and why.
The game doesn't take itself that serious at all, and Ocelot is fucking hilarious. That constant rivalry between Snake and Ocelot is actually really good. I mean, Ocelot is a joke with how serious he tries to act and how cocky he is, but his character changes through the course of the game, and it shows. The boss fights (while some are tedious) are actually very well done, and you don't have to kill them. Hell, you can kill one a good 30 minutes or an hour before you're supposed to fight him. The dialogue is very well written (in my opinion) and the characters all bring something to the table (in terms of uniqueness). Para-Medic is great as a support character and how she's a sci-fi nerd. Zero was hilarious during his 007 conversation with Snake.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeqFfjSl1qk[/youtube]

Commander Fuckass

I really really love Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

because when I was 11 years old and played it, Nemesis chasing you around during most of the game was pretty fucking awesome
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

YPrrrr

Any Civilization game, especially now that I've begun to play the multiplayer. I love history, I love strategy (particularly turn-based), and Civ brings it all together. I can honestly say Civilization has taught me a lot about history and politics from its Civilopedia, which makes me slightly less ashamed of all the hours I've poured into it.

Other entries:
Pokemon. I will never get bored of raising these guys. I probably start a new game in some version at least 3 times a year.

Uncharted. Every game in this series is like a great book: I just can't put it down until I'm finished.

Smash Bros. Nothing quite as satisfying as destroying the childhoods of friends who claim they are "really good" at SSB

Mario Kart. Same story as SSB

Aaaaaand there's something else but I can't think of it and it's driving me crazy

silvertone

xenogears mostly because of the story. it was really great huge complex world too until the second disk lol. but i still love it

ME##

Red Dead Redemption is the only game you need in your life.  It holds all of life's mysteries.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Dovydas on August 29, 2012, 02:19:34 PM
Red Dead Redemption is the only game you need in your life.  It holds all of life's mysteries.
say that to MY face mother fucker

Snowy

Quote from: Dovydas on August 29, 2012, 02:19:34 PM
RDR was actually very fun. befuddlement The story was somewhat bland to me at first but then the characters grew on me. [spoiler]Butt fuck Jack. ugly;[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Kefka on August 29, 2012, 02:24:12 PM
say that to MY face mother fucker

hey! dont start an argument here!

TooB

Red dead is actually my fave rockstar game.

Commander Fuckass

Go Up