September 30, 2024, 10:26:29 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I've (possibly) finished making a game

Started by ncba93ivyase, June 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

ncba93ivyase

Here's a video I quickly slapped together and it's shittier than the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRyKzUYCWk&feature=youtu.be

Not much action is shown here, but it's because I was rushing so that I'd have something ready to [glow=black,2,300]show off/advertise[/glow] on the [glow=black,2,300]gamedev subreddit[/glow] tonight

Also
>that overuse of the ellipsis
Oh god I need to fix that akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Mando Pandango

What kind of general sound do the rest of the songs use? 8-bit? 16-bit? Synths?

I came up with a cool chord progression that might work for your game. I'll probably be making something of it anyway so why not?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on August 10, 2012, 10:35:41 PM
What kind of general sound do the rest of the songs use? 8-bit? 16-bit? Synths?

I came up with a cool chord progression that might work for your game. I'll probably be making something of it anyway so why not?
I've pretty much deprecated a lot of the older music and I'm mostly going with slower, drone-ier music. With more "exciting" areas there's much more of a typical chiptune-ish sound, but while exploring there's droning/ambient with some bass and that's 90% of the game.

but i'll take in anything you make because i'm definitely not good at making music akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Mando Pandango

Well I'll make it anyway and you can use it if you want. It's not really droning but w/e.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on August 11, 2012, 12:06:56 AM
Well I'll make it anyway and you can use it if you want. It's not really droning but w/e.
drone shit is pretty easy to make and it's why i've made so much of it

so i'll gladly accept your music because the music needs some more variety

Mando Pandango

http://soundcloud.com/ganonm/untitled-demo/s-7nJis

There's a quick demo of what i have so far.

The final track will be more paced out, but those are all the parts I have in mind right now when they play together. There might be percussion too, but I kind of like it as it is now.

The attack on the chords needs to be more pronounced too so that'll be fixed too.

y/n

Hiro

That sliding effect when each character started to talk got annoying when it kept happening to frequently
also god damn the gameplay just looks better and better

and popsi that music is way too happy for this game  akudood;

Mando Pandango

Yeah i figured that too. Whatever it just kind of happened that way.

Snowy

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on August 11, 2012, 12:53:23 AM

The final track will be more paced out, but those are all the parts I have in mind right now when they play together. There might be percussion too, but I kind of like it as it is now.

The attack on the chords needs to be more pronounced too so that'll be fixed too.

y/n
That sounds like it could be the title music. befuddlement

Samus Aran

Quote from: Creep Scanner on August 11, 2012, 12:28:46 PM
That sliding effect when each character started to talk got annoying when it kept happening to frequently

i was thinking this too, i like the effect but when characters keep switching after one line of dialogue each, it can start to be a bit annoying

other than that everything just looks great

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on August 11, 2012, 12:53:23 AM

y/n
It sounds like it'd be good end credits music. The credits would only include my name and yours for doing the ending credits music. wrench;

Although my next project is going to be a futuristic scifi game and this would definitely be good, so I'll still use it.

Quote from: Creep Scanner on August 11, 2012, 12:28:46 PM
also god damn the gameplay just looks better and better

and popsi that music is way too happy for this game  akudood;
Quote from: Rumia on August 11, 2012, 03:02:32 PM
i was thinking this too, i like the effect but when characters keep switching after one line of dialogue each, it can start to be a bit annoying

other than that everything just looks great
Is there anything I could do that'd be less annoying?

Also, dialogue typically wouldn't go that fast. I was just mashing the button to skip through it quickly.

Mando Pandango

If it's credits music I'll focus less on the looping aspect and make it more of an actual song. So I'll do that.

Samus Aran

one idea that would possibly work is to have them come in on opposite sides of the screen

so like, guy 1 and 2 are talking, and every time guy 1 talks, he comes in from the left and stays on the left, and every time guy 2 talks, he comes in from the right and stays on the right

it creates less movement but is still just as dynamic in its own way

i'm pretty sure this is used by a lot of rpgs that use character cut-outs in dialogue befuddlement

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on August 11, 2012, 04:47:25 PM
If it's credits music I'll focus less on the looping aspect and make it more of an actual song. So I'll do that.
If you want, you could also make a short, loopable version that I could use as shop music in my next game.
Quote from: Rumia on August 11, 2012, 04:48:12 PM
one idea that would possibly work is to have them come in on opposite sides of the screen

so like, guy 1 and 2 are talking, and every time guy 1 talks, he comes in from the left and stays on the left, and every time guy 2 talks, he comes in from the right and stays on the right

it creates less movement but is still just as dynamic in its own way

i'm pretty sure this is used by a lot of rpgs that use character cut-outs in dialogue befuddlement
I'll try this.

Go Up