September 30, 2024, 08:35:43 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I've (possibly) finished making a game

Started by ncba93ivyase, June 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

June 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 04:19:32 PM by Pancake Persona
So here are some old screenshots: http://ektomarch.com/games/

Basically, it's a Metroid-ish game about Nazis who end up in hell. It mostly focuses on huge boss battles with heaps of dialogue in between. Unlike what most people would want, I'm not going to fill it with baby-tier Nazi "jokes" like "HEIL HITELR XDDDDD". I'm trying to separate the characters from Nazi stereotypes and make them as lovable as possible.

also the captain is non-flamboyantly gay

But yeah, you basically wander around in hell and talk to a lot of demons and fight a lot of demons and explore and blow things up. Also, conspiracy theories and shit are tied into the plot.

also it's made in javascript and html

would anybody like to know anything more

would anybody like to make any suggestions

Also, there's a character in the game who's a lot like Hiro. He accidentally ending up looking like him and he has the same pitiful personality. srsly

Also, old gameplay video for those interested:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HXJwRpysX8&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Snowy

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: N o t S i d on June 20, 2012, 07:10:09 PM
why is the captain gay
why is tyler gay

[spoiler]he's gay because i was one day joking about ideas for my game and i thought a gay nazi captain would be silly. i decided to actually make the captain gay and not have him fit any common gay stereotypes. he's a badass and nobody really knows his sexuality, but it does tie together the story at the end[/spoiler]

[spoiler]and i don't mean it'll end with a gay sex scene[/spoiler]

[spoiler]although that could become spinoff game[/spoiler]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

snoorkel

ncba93ivyase

it is whatever you want it to be

and never what you do not want

Mando Pandango

Will the spinoff be a rhythm-based gay sex simulator

I would play that
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

6M69I69B9

i was thinking how you like metroid and then i read your post lol

did you draw everything yourself

is this illuminati propaganda

what happens if you come in
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Hiro

Quote from: Pancake Persona on June 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM
Unlike what most people would want, I'm not going to fill it with baby-tier Nazi "jokes" like "HEIL HITELR XDDDDD".
I have no idea what this even means

Nyerp

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

he's going to make the nazi's sympathetic villains instead of the personality-less drones they usually are I think

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Original_MIB on June 20, 2012, 08:56:33 PM
i was thinking how you like metroid and then i read your post lol

did you draw everything yourself

is this illuminati propaganda

what happens if you come in
yes

yes

you get babies
Quote from: N o t S i d on June 20, 2012, 11:27:27 PM
he's going to make the nazi's sympathetic villains instead of the personality-less drones they usually are I think
this

in most games/movies/whatever, nazis are just dumbasses who run around and angrily scream random things in german and have swastikas and skulls everywhere

i'm avoiding this completely

Hiro

Quote from: Pancake Persona on June 21, 2012, 12:04:17 AM
this

in most games/movies/whatever, nazis are just dumbasses who run around and angrily scream random things in german and have swastikas and skulls everywhere

i'm avoiding this completely
but how is that "baby-tier Nazi 'jokes' like 'HEIL HITELR XDDDDD'"
that's just one dimensional characters
then again in most media the nazis are the villainous horde so they wouldn't have much character development to begin with

YPrrrr

It's like a game about cuddly cactuses

Weird.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Makaveli on June 21, 2012, 06:52:27 AM
but how is that "baby-tier Nazi 'jokes' like 'HEIL HITELR XDDDDD'"
that's just one dimensional characters
then again in most media the nazis are the villainous horde so they wouldn't have much character development to begin with

it's also somehow something really dumb that most people find hilarious

kind of like how black characters dying first in action and horror movies was purely coincidental and it's since become a clichƩ that every single movie these days follows because it's "funny", when it really just ends up being dumb and predictable

Go Up