September 30, 2024, 10:25:38 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I've (possibly) finished making a game

Started by ncba93ivyase, June 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

if you want people to play it you should lower the price just a tad man
i don't think the browser thing will be a problem if they can download the whole thing and run it in their own browser window and whatnot.
i dunno

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Creep Scanner on July 31, 2012, 12:42:36 AM
if you want people to play it you should lower the price just a tad man
i don't think the browser thing will be a problem if they can download the whole thing and run it in their own browser window and whatnot.
i dunno
the people who wouldn't pay for it wouldn't care whether it's $5 or 99Ā¢. those same people won't even buy great games like the binding of isaac just because it's made in flash akudood; the only price that'd probably guarantee more sales would be $1, but then profit margins are lower than with a $5 game and i'd have to sell five times as many games, which is unreasonable.

half of the people who want the game will buy it for $5 and the other half would buy it if it was $1. if i see that sales are shit in the first few weeks, then i'll lower the price to a dollar or two and see if it helps but i don't want to risk losing that much potential money too early.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

Is there any way to play it outside of a browser? I would gladly pay the $5 for it if I could play it outside of my browser.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snowy on July 31, 2012, 05:03:41 AM
Is there any way to play it outside of a browser? I would gladly pay the $5 for it if I could play it outside of my browser.
If you can find a way to execute HTML and Javascript outside of a browser, sure.

also, running in a browser doesn't mean you need an internet connection to play it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on July 31, 2012, 12:23:31 PM
If you can find a way to execute HTML and Javascript outside of a browser, sure.

also, running in a browser doesn't mean you need an internet connection to play it.
I know that, I'd just like to be able to launch it from my desktop and have it run from its own independent window.

bluaki

July 31, 2012, 01:48:13 PM #35 Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:52:31 PM by bluaki
Quote from: Snowy on July 31, 2012, 12:38:06 PM
I know that, I'd just like to be able to launch it from my desktop and have it run from its own independent window.
Copy a browser shortcut to your desktop, modify its icon and name as you see fit, and change its execution line (in properties) to something like (for chrome)
Code Select
C:\some\path\chrome.exe --app="http://some_web_address"

I believe Chrome's "app mode" simply launches a lone window for the specified web page, instead of adding a new tab to an existing window, and also removes the tab bar and other toolbars from the new window. I believe other browsers have a similar mode that uses a different command-line argument name.

Snowy

Quote from: bluaki on July 31, 2012, 01:48:13 PM
Copy a browser shortcut to your desktop, modify its icon and name as you see fit, and change its execution line (in properties) to something like (for chrome)
Code Select
C:\some\path\chrome.exe --app="http://some_web_address"

I believe Chrome's "app mode" simply launches a lone window for the specified web page, instead of adding a new tab to an existing window, and also removes the tab bar and other toolbars from the new window.
:O

Thanks Blu, I'll do this.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Pancake Persona on July 31, 2012, 12:40:05 AM
$5 is the plan. The total map size is much larger than Super Metroid's and there's loads of content, so I feel like it's a reasonable price. What makes me sad is that I feel like most people won't even want to pay that much because it runs in a browser, even though great games like VVVVVV are less than half as long as my game and easily sell for the price just because they run on the desktop.

some characters, yes

ill pay

also is the concept art private
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Original_MIB on August 01, 2012, 02:22:06 PM
ill pay

also is the concept art private

I'll make most of my development notes and drawings public once I finish the game.

silvertone

is it true that this game FeATureS AA SONG by Zidone !!!! (didnt read the thread sorry)

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: silvertone on August 03, 2012, 01:59:32 PM
is it true that this game FeATureS AA SONG by Zidone !!!! (didnt read the thread sorry)
Yes.

silvertone

would pay 5 dollars just for zidone song alone, A+ game already.

me003

Do you need any help with the music or sound effects?
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

ncba93ivyase

At this point, not really.

but if you'd want to make a brief, loopable song, i'd probably use it.

??????

Quote from: Master Shake on August 05, 2012, 06:26:12 PM
Do you need any help with the music or sound effects?

i do
i just want to hear your voice
all night

Go Up