September 30, 2024, 10:24:19 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I've (possibly) finished making a game

Started by ncba93ivyase, June 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Pancake Persona on June 21, 2012, 01:37:41 PM
it's also somehow something really dumb that most people find hilarious

kind of like how black characters dying first in action and horror movies was purely coincidental and it's since become a clichƩ that every single movie these days follows because it's "funny", when it really just ends up being dumb and predictable
Well Nazis did say Heil Hitler quite a bit... even in salutes. I mean to randomly shout it is one thing but to hear it really wouldn't have been uncommon. There is historical precedence. And it's not like picturing Nazis as violent and villainous is far off base if you believe in social equity. A gay Nazi could easily been seen as going for cheap laughs as well since it's XD SO RANDOM/IRONIC. Now a Khmer Rouge member searching for his glasses... There's a game

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: NDDR on June 21, 2012, 01:54:08 PM
Well Nazis did say Heil Hitler quite a bit... even in salutes. I mean to randomly shout it is one thing but to hear it really wouldn't have been uncommon. There is historical precedence.

And a large number of high-ranking Nazis strongly opposed Hitler, so it's not exactly wrong to have a group of Nazis who don't worship him.

also, a large number of germans really didn't know how far the party went with their aryan bullshit. they mostly saw that the party was fixing the economy and built a powerful empire out of nothing. most americans wouldn't give a shit if we eliminated certain people if the unemployment rate went down and their pay went up.
Quote from: NDDR on June 21, 2012, 01:54:08 PMA gay Nazi could easily been seen as going for cheap laughs as well since it's XD SO RANDOM/IRONIC.
Quote from: Pancake Persona on June 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PMalso the captain is non-flamboyantly gay

His homosexuality is only indirectly stated at the end of the game. Before that there are only very subtle hints.

he's gay because gay nazis did exist and they were never open about it for obvious reasons. it's never used as the butt of a joke

[spoiler]Also, there are no playable masculine gay characters in games.[/spoiler]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Classic

Quote from: Pancake Persona on June 21, 2012, 04:32:15 PM
[spoiler]Also, there are no playable masculine gay characters in games.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]Working on it.[/spoiler]

??????

i love how you made the nazi captain so stereotypically gay looking  giggle;

Nyerp

Quote from: Clucky on June 22, 2012, 08:38:17 AM
i love how you made the nazi captain so stereotypically gay looking  giggle;

wait which one's the captain......

silvertone

silvertone

YPrrrr

Snowy

I want this now

can you give it to me now?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Fuck on June 22, 2012, 12:42:33 PM
wait which one's the captain......
the gay one
Quote from: Snowy on June 28, 2012, 06:53:19 AM
I want this now

can you give it to me now?
I can give it to you free whenever I finish it, which will probably be in about 2 weeks.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

ncba93ivyase

The completion date's been delayed a bit (again) because I went home for a few days.

However, I'm at a point where 2/3 of my work is testing and fixing stuff. It's basically done. wrench;

I'll try recording some videos sometime soon and maybe let some people play it before it's finished.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Pancake Persona on July 28, 2012, 11:36:11 AM
The completion date's been delayed a bit (again) because I went home for a few days.

However, I'm at a point where 2/3 of my work is testing and fixing stuff. It's basically done. wrench;

I'll try recording some videos sometime soon and maybe let some people play it before it's finished.

how much would it cost if you were to sell copies

also are there any full-body concept art of your characters
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Original_MIB on July 28, 2012, 03:16:30 PM
how much would it cost if you were to sell copies

also are there any full-body concept art of your characters
$5 is the plan. The total map size is much larger than Super Metroid's and there's loads of content, so I feel like it's a reasonable price. What makes me sad is that I feel like most people won't even want to pay that much because it runs in a browser, even though great games like VVVVVV are less than half as long as my game and easily sell for the price just because they run on the desktop.

some characters, yes

Go Up