July 01, 2024, 01:23:03 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah gaming confessions general

Started by Commander Fuckass, May 02, 2012, 03:24:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

Quote from: Dovydas on May 04, 2012, 03:30:48 PM
the only sega consoles i've ever seen in person are the genesis and dreamcast  confuseddood; confuseddood;

see, that's reasonable (because me2 5thgrade;)

plus the game gear

Snowy

I've never seen a gamegear, but in March I think I saw all the Sega systems except for the Saturn.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on May 04, 2012, 03:27:00 PM
tec, incidentally, has also never seen a flea market or a pawn shop

i've been to one once, but as far as i could tell, no one was selling games cry;

Quote from: Dovydas on May 04, 2012, 03:30:48 PM
the only sega consoles i've ever seen in person are the genesis and dreamcast  confuseddood; confuseddood;

same lol

Snowy

I used to [glow=black,2,300]skip cutscenes, mostly in MGS games.[/glow]

Kalahari Inkantation

i've owned an original fratbox for ten years and i've never played halo

Quote from: Snowy on May 04, 2012, 03:58:25 PM

mgs4 must have been five minutes long for you :|

ME##

Quote from: Sudoroodo on May 04, 2012, 04:03:00 PM
i've owned an original fratbox for ten years and i've never played halo

i've owned an original fratbox since ~2003.  halo and halo 2 are the only games i've played on it.

bluaki

May 04, 2012, 04:21:23 PM #36 Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:25:30 PM by bluaki
I don't think I've ever actually finished Ocarina of Time
and I only played through like two dungeons in Majora's Mask

I've never played an FPS to a reasonable extent and don't care to. In addition, I believe the only games I've played with random people online (rather than buddy list) are Starcraft, Pokemon, and... MapleStory.

Not only did I play MapleStory, I actually played it enough that I think my primary character (cleric class) is somewhere around level 88

The only pre-SNES games I've ever played, including any remakes, are the Mario and Zelda games as well as a couple of the most popular/well-known arcade games

Until just the last two years or so, I believe the only console games I ever played outside of Nintendo's first party were Sonic, Harvest Moon, Ace Attorney, and Trauma Center

Though I've never touched/played an xbox or 360, I do have a wired 360 controller just because it works well for the computer.

Quote from: Thyme on May 04, 2012, 03:27:00 PM
tec, incidentally, has also never seen a flea market or a pawn shop
I actually have never seen a flea market or a pawn shop n_u

Quote from: Snowy on May 04, 2012, 03:58:25 PM
I once, or maybe even twice, accidentally skipped part of a codec conversation in MGS :'(

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on May 04, 2012, 04:21:23 PM
I actually have never seen a flea market or a pawn shop n_u

are they not common in florida?  confuseddood;

silvertone

Samus Aran

due to flea markets i've seen just about everything

there's a giant flea market and farmer's market in the sacramento area called denio's and there's always plenty of people there trying to sell ancient games, and there's usually one or two people with huge, organized, overpriced collections and rarities

due to denio's i've seen things like ROBs, power gloves, NES toploaders, CD-is, and other such ridiculously expensive and hard to come by things

i actually almost bought a sega master system there once but it was in sorta rough shape...still need to get one of those sometime.

and you guys have seen my saturn and game gear, that's good enough n_u

silvertone

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Cirno on May 05, 2012, 11:38:20 AM
i actually almost bought a sega master system there once but it was in sorta rough shape...still need to get one of those sometime.

you still should've bought it

they're pretty hard to come by in america

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

Quote from: Haunter on May 02, 2012, 03:24:57 PM
post some of your gaming confessions that you have

I dont really care for alttp, I understand it is a good game.
I never beat Super Metroid, but it's one of my favorite Metroid games
I dont really care for Mario Kart games
I didn't really like LBP1 or LBP2 [glow=black,2,300]and I find them boring, even while playing co-op[/glow]
I think SSB brawl is the best ssb game
I've never played a Kirby game
I sold my Xbox 360 because it [glow=black,2,300]has no gaems[/glow] and because it red ringed on me for the second time
[glow=black,2,300] Capcom[/glow]owns all of my money
Mirror's Edge is probably one of the better games this gen
I think MGS4 is the best MGS
I liked MGS2 more than MGS3
I like alttp a lot but I don't see why some people love it as much as they do
I never beat super metroid either because i have no idea what i'm doing or where i'm going
lbp1 was just okay but for some reason i'm enjoying lbp2 a lot, even though the controls and physics still feel wrong
brawl is about as good as melee i think but brawl does have a much better character roster so i'll usually play that over melee
i've played a couple kirby games for a very short period of time and they were fine i guess. i did borrow canvas curse for a week once and i like that one the best.
i liked the mirror's edge demo, wonder how the full game is
i've had the mgs essentials collection for like 3 years and i'm still only halfway through the first game.

Quote from: Pancake Persona on May 02, 2012, 03:41:44 PM
little big planet is a terrible series
it's good but not great

Quotewhile i like my ps3, sony's exclusive series are 99% shit. uncharted 2's great, but all that shit like infamous, crash, and whatever is absolute trash. playstation all stars whatever is the greatest collection of shitty, forgettable characters of all time
completely agree. i think some of the games are alright but they're all so completely forgettable and the characters are horrible

Quotei think mario kart double dash is really, really boring
that's my favorite one, tied with mkds

Quotei hate fighting games mostly because i suck at them.
I always want to be really into fighting games but i never play them because i'm so godawful at them

Quotethere hasn't been a good mario game in ten years. i'll no longer buy a mario game no matter how great people say it is.
i can agree with this to the extent that sunshine was the last great one but galaxy 2 is decent enough. galaxy 1 was boring as shit though.

Quotethe wii is a terrible system and i only like its quirky little third party games like deadly creatures and no more heroes.
definitely a huge disappointment but i dunno i still have fun on it 

Quotei don't really bother playing console or handheld games anymore, and i rarely play games from large publishers. i mostly play somewhat old pc games and indie games because there's a good variety and they're cheap
i've been doing mostly this in addition to old games at a used bookstore, since they're like 5 dollars and actually fun.

Quotethe last good metroid game was metroid prime 2. other m could have been great if they removed the first person segments, allowed exploration, and didn't make samus a bitch. i came so close to loving it but the problems are too much
my first metroid was prime 2 and i either got stuck or lost not too far into it. i also got super metroid on vc and i have that mp trilogy but i never played it much. i think i would rather play a third-person metroid on a portable system, oh i have hunters too i guess but that game's terrible

Quotethe only game in the world i'm looking forward to is luigi's mansion 2 but i probably won't buy it because i know it'll suck saddood;
i'm only looking forward to GTAV and The Last Guardian

Quotei constantly buy jrpgs because i think they're always very pretty games. i never put more than two hours into them because they're all the same damn game with the same damn storyline and they suck shit.
i don't even find them that pretty anymore (besides the ff games) but for some reason I always enjoy the idea of the shitty anime fixings and mediocre battle systems, but the rare times i ever do get jrpgs they're usually not fun in the endearing way i hope

Quotea big reason why i hate fpses is because they literally make me sick. i probably wouldn't hate them so much if i could actually play them
they don't make me sick, but i hate the controls, extremely limited field of vision, and my reflexes and awareness aren't that good. plus they're all multiplayer and they're always biased to those who play the game daily since day 1 so i think they're a bunch of bullshit

Quotei don't like multiplayer games for two reasons: i like a good story in games and because i have nobody to play them with
i like multiplayer games but your reasons are why i rarely buy them

Quotegod of war is a very boring series
definitely agree

Quotei don't like pokemon anymore. black and white enhanced the formula a lot, i know, but i'm just so tired of it.
i really really like black and white, and i am still very interested in pokemon, but unless they make a console version with an obscene amount of content and new features, i don't think I'll be buying one again.

Quote from: N o t S i d on May 02, 2012, 04:30:08 PM
I once punched my Gamecube because it wouldn't play my copy of Mario Kart Double Dash and I killed it.
I once punched my controller and shook and banged my gamecube around because  I couldn't beat the kart racing minigame on sonic adventure 2 battle

Okay so for my own confessions:
I mostly just collect games. I buy them, enjoy them for a couple weeks, get 30% through the game and then go back to the internet.
Part of this is because I'm horrible at almost every game. I have the worst strategy ideas ever and I really just like dicking around. That's why I really like games with big open maps to explore and side things to do.
I don't really like Chrono Trigger based on the 4 or so hours I've spent playing it.
Even though they're all the same and city folk's fucking boring, I still love animal crossing.
Of the FF games I've played extensively, my rankings are Crystal Chronicles > FFXII >> FFIV. I have tactics advance but I've only played it for like 20 minutes, same with IX.
Gran Turismo's super boring unless you have a steering wheel controller in which case it's fucking awesome.
Madworld was mediocre
Sonic Heroes is really fun
I love the aesthetics of Persona 4 but I can't even beat Yukiko's Castle lol
The Gamecube is possibly my favorite system
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga is way better than Mario RPG
I don't know if I've beaten any zelda game without cheat codes. I definitely could now (and am trying to actually), but as a kid I just felt like skipping to the end lol
kirby air ride had a ridiculously fun multiplayer free mode
f-zero is in every way inferior to wipeout
despite the shitty controls I really like Shenmue.
I have every Half-Life related release but i've only played 1 for like 5 minutes lol
i really want to play phantasy star online
I lost interest in phoenix wright
anrgy birds is alright
i play sudoku almost every night on my phone
i fucking love katawa shoujo
my first pokemon game was ruby
I love monster rancher 4
I love chibi robo
I love Harvest Moon (mostly 64 but Magical Melody's great too and despite the game-breaking bugs, A Wonderful Life)
I didn't hate DBZ Budokai or Pokemon Colosseum
I used to own Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom
I once went to toys r us to buy either paper mario or majora's mask (don't remember) but they were out so I bought TOY STORY 2 instead smithicide;

Trying to think of games I hate but I usually just don't buy those games lol

This thread has inspired me to play my games today.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Failure on May 06, 2012, 01:31:26 PM
kirby air ride had a ridiculously fun multiplayer free mode

if you mean city trial, then yeah, it's surprisingly enjoyable with friends

it's really only a mediocre game overall, but i've always maintained that city trial is cool

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Failure on May 06, 2012, 01:31:26 PM
Of the FF games I've played extensively, my rankings are Crystal Chronicles > FFXII >> FFIV. I have tactics advance but I've only played it for like 20 minutes, same with IX.
you should play more IX.
QuoteThe Gamecube is possibly my favorite system
I enjoyed it alot too. I'm ok with this, good choice.
QuoteMario and Luigi: Superstar Saga is way better than Mario RPG
I was going to say this was fucking crazy, but I kind of agree. SS has a cool battle system, though I got more involved with RPG's story
Quotekirby air ride had a ridiculously fun multiplayer free mode
hell yeah
QuoteI lost interest in phoenix wright
yeah, after the second one I didn't care too much for the series.
Quotemy first pokemon game was ruby
goonish
QuoteI love Harvest Moon (mostly 64 but Magical Melody's great too and despite the game-breaking bugs, A Wonderful Life)
God I love the HM games too, me and my dad used to play them all the time. The snes one is pretty fun. I heard something where they were going to do a mmorpg, which I think would be pretty rad
QuoteI didn't hate DBZ Budokai
I loved it when it first came out, but I prefer the tenkaichi games now
QuoteI once went to toys r us to buy either paper mario or majora's mask (don't remember) but they were out so I bought TOY STORY 2 instead smithicide;

reported

Go Up