October 02, 2024, 11:23:55 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So I just dropped out of college

Started by Josh, April 26, 2012, 03:41:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

My freshman year ended today and I formally withdrew from university. Got pretty good grades but kept having anxiety attacks and shit. Gonna take a year off to work and get dat money, then I'm gonna transfer to a closer school to get an associates' in business management. Already got my electives and most of my gen-eds out of the way at uni so I'll only have to be there for a little over a year, and I'll still graduate earlier than I would have if I stayed at uni bassir;

Any of you fellers drop out of school? I know I'm not the only one

strongbad

I'm toying with the idea of dropping out for a few quarters next year and going to Chicago, but idk. I'm starting to enjoy myself more and I have a really great living situation worked out for next year so I might not.

YPrrrr

You are now a true Boyager forever and for always

Josh

Quote from: NDDR on April 26, 2012, 04:21:29 PM
You are now a true Boyager forever and for always
I...I finally feel like I belong  bassir;

Socks

silvertone

you aren't going to Go Back. .. .you canT

snoorkel

??????

Quote from: H.P. Lovecat on April 26, 2012, 05:27:47 PM
you aren't going to Go Back. .. .you canT
i'm going back
practically because what i want to do forces me to have a a degree
plus it wouldn't hurt in making better networks

i fantasize of finding a good teacher whom i have a good connection with  n_u

Socks

If I could do it all over again I would just get it out of the way and be done with it. But now, it is like an open, festering wound. Too many maggots and flies for any healing to occur. 

?????

I'm (at least up to now) pretty good at school and I can't see myself dropping out.
Die for Dethklok

LCK

I guess I was forced to take a semester or two off because of financial constraints. I owe them money so they won't let me register. Which means I also lose financial aid. Which I was kind of living off of. So I've been pretty fucked lately with the lack of job. Thats fixed now, but I am in so much fucking debt.

kougraducky

Quote from: ilovesloths on April 26, 2012, 04:21:15 PM
I'm toying with the idea of dropping out for a few quarters next year and going to Chicago, but idk. I'm starting to enjoy myself more and I have a really great living situation worked out for next year so I might not.

The answer is ALWAYS COME TO CHICAGO!!! WE NEED MORE BOYAGERS HEREEEEE!

I'm pretty set with my situation now...I need to stay in school to keep living in the house I'm living in...plus, I love my college. Shimer is awesome and different, and I also can't wait to be a lawyer ^-^

strongbad

Quote from: kougraducky on April 26, 2012, 07:21:25 PM
The answer is ALWAYS COME TO CHICAGO!!! WE NEED MORE BOYAGERS HEREEEEE!

I'm pretty set with my situation now...I need to stay in school to keep living in the house I'm living in...plus, I love my college. Shimer is awesome and different, and I also can't wait to be a lawyer ^-^

Bellingham Wa is pretty sweet. Arguably some of the best cannabis in the country giggle;
also it is a beautiful little town with cool hippie-minded folk

LCK

Quote from: ilovesloths on April 26, 2012, 07:49:39 PM
Bellingham Wa is pretty sweet. Arguably some of the best cannabis in the country giggle;
also it is a beautiful little town with cool hippie-minded folk
at the risk of derailing this thread with cannabis, i really want to try some querkle. if you've had some or have ever had some let me know if its pretty great
the parent strains are purple urkle and space queen. its like an 80/20 indica dominant, but it doesn't have the usual drowsiness associated with heavy indica strains. its very...euphoric?

strongbad

Quote from: Trevor on April 26, 2012, 07:57:52 PM
at the risk of derailing this thread with cannabis, i really want to try some querkle. if you've had some or have ever had some let me know if its pretty great
the parent strains are purple urkle and space queen. its like an 80/20 indica dominant, but it doesn't have the usual drowsiness associated with heavy indica strains. its very...euphoric?

I've definitely had that strain at some point or another (name sounds really familiar, only way I know) but I don't remember what the high was like. I'm actually pretty bad at determining the differences in highness from different strains.

Go Up