October 02, 2024, 11:27:33 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So I just dropped out of college

Started by Josh, April 26, 2012, 03:41:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

can we make an official dropping out thread
I love [you]

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pancake Persona on May 01, 2012, 01:35:30 AM
i like college

i enjoyed it too, despite my experiences there probably being what others would consider to be quite dull

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Cirno on May 01, 2012, 02:56:28 AM
i enjoyed it too, despite my experiences there probably being what others would consider to be quite dull
srsly

even though this past year i really only went out for food and classes, i enjoy it. it's comforting knowing i'm in a safe place where most people respect each other and many people enjoy learning

i really wish life as a whole were more like college

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Socks

I guess I was always too cynical and extreme for my own good because College was absolutely meaningless to me and the company I was with only made me less and less enthusiastic about the future of humanity, and the so called process of 'learning' in an institution.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Socks on May 01, 2012, 04:55:15 AM
I guess I was always too cynical and extreme for my own good because College was absolutely meaningless to me and the company I was with only made me less and less enthusiastic about the future of humanity, and the so called process of 'learning' in an institution.
go into a real major and you'll learn a lot

if it's a social science or business or something then you're really just getting a worthless degree

Samus Aran

I just went into it with the idea of learning what I wanted to learn. I just wanted to take a bunch of writing and lit classes, so that's basically what I did.

Socks

Quote from: Pancake Persona on May 01, 2012, 03:27:29 PM
go into a real major and you'll learn a lot

if it's a social science or business or something then you're really just getting a worthless degree

It doesn't matter because I never felt my life would be shaped by an academic degree. It just didn't feel necessary or seem important, and I'll always feel this way because what I value most is the self. I have plenty of interaction with everyone from a CEO, to a doctor, a teacher or a construction worker, and I realize that besides money and power, their education has done nothing to separate them on an individual scale. Their formal education has done little to form their basic customs of life, and so, what is the point?

Look at yourself.

spaceman

Quote from: kougraducky on April 26, 2012, 07:21:25 PM
The answer is ALWAYS COME TO CHICAGO!!! WE NEED MORE BOYAGERS HEREEEEE!

YO WHATS UP WHERE YOU AT

silvertone

Go Up