September 28, 2024, 11:29:42 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

FF:IX

Started by strongbad, March 22, 2012, 11:36:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I recently read that there is a mode in FF:IX that lets you assign different characters to different controllers. I think this would be pretty fucking fun to do with a friend. Has anybody tried this? Any opinions on FF:IX as a whole?

I think ima buy it depending on the advice from you guys

Also are there any other RPGs out there that you guys are aware of that offer similar modes of play (assigning different controllers to different characters that is)

Thyme

Quote from: MF Doom on March 22, 2012, 11:36:29 AM
Any opinions on FF:IX as a whole?

it's p.mazing baddood;

but idk about that mode though lol

and tales games have that

strongbad

Quote from: Thyme on March 22, 2012, 11:38:00 AM
it's p.mazing baddood;

but idk about that mode though lol

and tales games have that

are there any tales games on the wii?

i think i'm going to go ahead and order ff:ix

Thyme

yes, tales of graces

Nyerp

tacked-on multiplayer

strongbad

March 22, 2012, 11:48:06 AM #5 Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:52:54 AM by MF Doom
Quote from: Fuck on March 22, 2012, 11:46:44 AM
tacked-on multiplayer

i disagree, i think it'd be fun
EDIT:

Also, what about Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World? Do you guys know if it has that mode too? Is it good?

ME##

i haven't heard many good things about the sequel to tos, so tog would be best it seems confuseddood;

Snowy

FFIX is great. wrench; I pirated it on my PSP a year or two ago and then bought a physical copy last year.

I looooooooooove me some FFIX.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on March 22, 2012, 11:45:36 AM
yes, tales of graces

japan-only.

graces f on the ps3 is the only translated version.

Quote from: MF Doom on March 22, 2012, 11:48:06 AM
i disagree, i think it'd be fun
EDIT:

Also, what about Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World? Do you guys know if it has that mode too? Is it good?

symphonia 2 is pretty much ass

typically only two party members, helped along by two monsters, and the monster system pretty much sucks

i know you have a 360, go with tales of vesperia if you're going to play a tales game. and yes, they are entirely multiplayer if you want them to be.

Thyme

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on March 22, 2012, 12:30:37 PM
fuck namco up the ass
srsly

graces f is just a port... right?  confuseddood;

Thyme

Quote from: Dovydas on March 22, 2012, 12:36:26 PM
graces f is just a port... right?  confuseddood;

HDified + bonus content

ME##

March 22, 2012, 12:37:30 PM #12 Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:00:05 PM by Dovydas
Quote from: Thyme on March 22, 2012, 12:36:57 PM
HDified + bonus content
thank gourd

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

earthbound also has that feature if I'm not mistaken.

I think I've heard about that feature. Not sure if it's a legit thing though, never tried it.

Final Fantasy IX is my favorite Final Fantasy and it's the only one I really could stand playing for a long period of time.

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on March 22, 2012, 02:44:46 PM
earthbound also has that feature if I'm not mistaken.

I think I've heard about that feature. Not sure if it's a legit thing though, never tried it.

lol, no

the "multiplayer" in earthbound amounts to the fact that the game accepts inputs from both controller ports, meaning second player can do everything the first player can

which basically means if you're going to play it with a friend, you'd better decide who does what beforehand, because otherwise you'll interfere with each other

Go Up