September 28, 2024, 07:16:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah!

Started by Socks, March 03, 2012, 08:40:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

I have, let us say, a 'surplus' of 683 dollars. Is this sufficient for me to purchase a PS3, some accessories, and several decent games? I know nothing of these things, so help me! girl;

I am jealous of watching my friend play CD3.  myface;

Andria

I am pretty sure the ps3 is 299 now, and you get all the accessories you'd really need. A game should run you like 60 or something and if you want a mic maybe ~20

that puts you about about 400 so you could possibly pick up a couple extra games or controllers if you like

Kalahari Inkantation

YES DO IT

a ps3 is $250 and many of its best games can be found for $30 or less new

Socks

I want to play some video games with you guys, but I would never spend my actual money for it, so yeah, this I can do. What store would have all of this, something like Best Buy or Game Stop etc...?

I want a place where I can go, direct some underling, point and stare as they pile everything in front of me for a preparation of a big purchase.  wariodood;

Kalahari Inkantation

also what "accessories" are you thinking about

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Socks on March 03, 2012, 08:46:41 PM
I want to play some video games with you guys, but I would never spend my actual money for it, so yeah, this I can do. What store would have all of this, something like Best Buy or Game Stop etc...?

I want a place where I can go, direct some underling, point and stare as they pile everything in front of me for a preparation of a big purchase.  wariodood;

both best buy and gamestop would carry most if not all of what you want, or walmart of target or any of those other major stores

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Also, scrounge ebay for used games.

You should get uncharted 2 and jump into one of our games sometime.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on March 03, 2012, 08:49:54 PM
You should get uncharted 2 and jump into one of our games sometime.

totes

and even something like modern warfare 3 is only about $40 new on amazon, if you're willing to do online shopping goowan

Socks

Quote from: Tectrinket on March 03, 2012, 08:47:48 PM
also what "accessories" are you thinking about

Two controllers (wireless/with wires/two in one?), memory sticks (i don't know if these are ancient by now?), all of the charging cords and plugs, a headset (cool one), all of the internet connection switches and breakers, some fans to cool it (pads i don't know), and any and all other suggestions are welcomed.

also yes, suggest games to me

i am looking to start with an initial 5-10 games or so.

i do want all of the latest shooter/military games, but also ones you guys play.

Mando Pandango

do you guys still play uncharted 2 over uncharted 3?

why?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

March 03, 2012, 09:03:59 PM #10 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:07:25 PM by Tectrinket
Quote from: Socks on March 03, 2012, 08:53:21 PM
Two controllers (wireless/with wires/two in one?), memory sticks (i don't know if these are ancient by now?), all of the charging cords and plugs, a headset (cool one), all of the internet connection switches and breakers, some fans to cool it (pads i don't know), and any and all other suggestions are welcomed.

also yes, suggest games to me

i am looking to start with an initial 5-10 games or so.

i do want all of the latest shooter/military games, but also ones you guys play.

do you have an hdtv

If you do, you'll need an HDMI cable, which can be found for less than $5.00 on Amazon.

all ps3 controllers are wireless and the console itself comes with one controller and the cord you'd need to charge it (a standard usb cable)

you can find a second controller for about $40 on amazon, though i've seen them for less

Also, the PS3 comes with an HDD built in, so you probably won't need a memory card unless you have other uses for it.
(though it would make sense to get an external hdd at some point to back up your data)

i'm less experienced with headsets because i don't use them myself, but i'm sure you can find a decent one for like $20-$30

If you'll be using a wired connection, you'll need an ethernet cable; otherwise it can connect wirelessly and you won't need any cables at all.

and cooling fans are pretty worthless lol, the ps3 slim does a pretty good job at keeping itself cool as long as it's kept in an open area

Socks

that was very helpful tech. i will make a list of all of these things and gather my money and probably head out monday. is the ps3 slim a different beast than the normal ps3, if so, is it worth the upgrade?

Snowy

PS3 new will run you about $250-$300, games are about $60 if bought new (recent ones at least, not including HD collections), cords are dirt cheap, PS3 has bluetooth so any wireless headset with bluetooth works, fans aren't needed, it has wifi built in.

Games:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
LittleBigPlanet 2
God of War Collection
Uncharted 1/2/3
Portal 2
The Orange Box
Red Dead Redemption
Catherine
Burnout Paradise
L.A. Noire
Team ICO Collection
Dead Space 2
Demon's Souls
Borderlands
Quote from: Socks on March 03, 2012, 09:08:32 PM
that was very helpful tech. i will make a list of all of these things and gather my money and probably head out monday. is the ps3 slim a different beast than the normal ps3, if so, is it worth the upgrade?
the only difference I know of is size and the fans. Slim cools itself better.

Kalahari Inkantation

March 03, 2012, 09:13:50 PM #13 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:16:58 PM by Tectrinket
Quote from: Socks on March 03, 2012, 09:08:32 PM

the ps3 slim is the current model and only one available, it replaced a larger version of the beast in 2009

there are no real differences, other than size, to worry about

You should be aware that there are two versions of the Slim being sold, one at $250 and the other at $300, with the only difference being HDD size (160GB vs. 320 GB).  I'd go for the cheaper model; you can always upgrade the HDD later if you really find it necessary.

Kalahari Inkantation

AS FOR GAMES:

[spoiler]

Actually, before I start wildly recommending things, what are into besides shooters?  What have you enjoyed in the past?  What other consoles do/have you owned? befuddlement[/spoiler]

Go Up