October 02, 2024, 07:20:20 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah 2.0 YOU DECIDE PART 2

Started by Daddy, December 16, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

On the location of the forum

leave at boyah.net/forums
13 (65%)
move to boyah.net since there is nothing else on this site really
6 (30%)
other (plz post y)
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Go Down

snoorkel

Quote from: N o t S i d on December 16, 2011, 09:47:33 PM
really...

To have random posts appear and read by that creepy robot voice that is used for people who can't see.

maybe a god or something in the background, like ganesh or satan or richard dawkins

i am sorry i smoke pot all day and don't remember anything.

yeah that's a great idea and will be looked into.

Walter

Quote from: N o t S i d on December 16, 2011, 09:47:33 PM
really...

To have random posts appear and read by that creepy robot voice that is used for people who can't see.

maybe a god or something in the background, like ganesh or satan or richard dawkins

I would make it my homepage.

Mando Pandango

keep it at /forums so as not to fuck up my autocomplete and browsing history
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

silvertone

don't let's

December 17, 2011, 09:04:54 AM #20 Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:23:30 AM by Mayhaps… Revelry?
Quote from: Khadafi on December 16, 2011, 08:35:25 PM
why would we put the status blog on the same server as the forum

then people wouldn't be able to check the status blog if the server is down
Um, because you can redirect boyah.net to status.boyah.net

Seriously, JMV? And we went through this the last time this was brought up too.

snoorkel

Quote from: Mayhaps… Revelry? on December 17, 2011, 09:04:54 AM
Um, because you can redirect boyah.net to status.boyah.net

Seriously, JMV? And we went through this the last time this was brought up too.

yeah last time I think we said that without doing a dumbass html redirect on boyah.net, you can't redirect boyah.net but not boyah.net/forums without making a subdomain forums.boyah.net for the forums, which is altogether too much hassle just to put the status blog on boyah.net.

don't let's

Quote from: vziard on December 17, 2011, 02:51:47 PM
yeah last time I think we said that without doing a dumbass html redirect on boyah.net, you can't redirect boyah.net but not boyah.net/forums without making a subdomain forums.boyah.net for the forums, which is altogether too much hassle just to put the status blog on boyah.net.

You mean in this post?
https://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,54780.msg1067529.html#msg1067529

Quote from: vziard on July 16, 2011, 09:08:14 PM
Quote from: Khadafi on July 16, 2011, 07:57:11 PM
no that idea sucks because the status blog is on its own subdomain domain solely for the fact that if boyah.net's server is down then status.boyah.net is still up since it's on a different server (tumblr's server)

Hosting the status blog on this server would do us no good when the server crashes and people try to check the status blog to see if and why the server is down. akudood;

yes obviously but I assumed we would direct boyah.net and boyah.net/forums (forums.boyah.net) to different servers. it's easy.

snoorkel

Quote from: Mayhaps… Revelry? on December 17, 2011, 05:24:12 PM
You mean in this post?
https://boyah.net/forums/index.php/topic,54780.msg1067529.html#msg1067529
yes obviously but I assumed we would direct boyah.net and boyah.net/forums (forums.boyah.net) to different servers. it's easy.

right. it would have to be status.boyah.net and forums.boyah.net, and boyah.net/forums could no longer be used. though easy, i'm now saying it's too much hassle for something that doesn't really need to be done.

don't let's

Well it also shouldn't be done because because the status blog doesn't really get much use. But it was just one of a few ideas of possible use for the homepage that has been thrown around before. 

Go Up