July 03, 2024, 12:22:37 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how often do you replay games?

Started by Samus Aran, October 06, 2011, 04:34:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

i nearly always have a playthrough going of some older game that i love. and i replay most of the zelda and metroid series pretty much yearly.

some games, like donkey kong country 2, i have replayed so many times that i pretty much remember the entire game by heart.

basically, i never really stop replaying games, so replayability has always been a big factor for me.  hocuspocus;

Nyerp

i used to never replay games unless they were like zelda or something

but i usually just play a game once

Kalahari Inkantation

rarely myface;

I've played through the overwhelming majority of my games no more than once.  Even Zelda and Mario titles. sillydood;

the only game i replay frequently is star fox 64, but that game is designed to be replayed befuddlement

don't let's

Almost never nowadays unless the game is really, really old.

FAMY2

The Zelda games quite often. Lego games I play through until I find everything without help. Which can take forever to do. Mario games I play and play and play and never finish.   saddood;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 07, 2011, 05:40:26 AM
The Zelda games quite often. Lego games I play through until I find everything without help. Which can take forever to do. Mario games I play and play and play and never finish.   saddood;
i will help you

hold right hit a occasionally hit b

you are now a plumber

silvertone

FAMY2

Quote from: N o t S i d on October 07, 2011, 05:14:51 PM
i will help you

hold right hit a occasionally hit b

you are now a plumber

This better work.     baddood;

[spoiler] n_n[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Practically never... The Pokemon series is a huge exception. I will play those games over and over and over. Sadly the new games seem to have less replayability for some reason because of the features offered at the end of the game. Sure, it adds more stuff to do with high leveled pokemon, but I enjoy the journey of raising lower leveled guys to powerful status in the context of the storyline. It now makes me feel guilty to restart when I lose features like the Battle Tower :(

For this reason I will always like R/B/Y and G/S the best because there is no remorse.

Also, I tried replaying Mass Effect 2 and Uncharted but I never made it more than halfway...

Samus Aran

lol i'm on my third playthrough of Uncharted, but it's slow-going and frustrating because it's on Crushing difficulty now n_u

normal is easy, hard is solidly challenging without being unreasonable, but crushing? crushing just sits on your face and takes a big, unfair shit.

Kalahari Inkantation

lol i've never even replayed an uncharted game :'(

also i'm a little mad that i'll be forced to replay ass erect because i didn't know exactly how morality worked and the ending i get will less than ideal on my first playthrough smithicide;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on October 10, 2011, 03:19:01 AM
lol i've never even replayed an uncharted game :'(

also i'm a little mad that i'll be forced to replay ass erect because i didn't know exactly how morality worked and the ending i get will less than ideal on my first playthrough smithicide;

no actually you're not forced to replay it and not always being sure which choice is for the best is the natural way to play it rather than purposely manipulating it for high paragon or renegade

you're just obsessive and it's your own fault you're replaying it lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Reisen on October 10, 2011, 04:27:33 AM
no actually you're not forced to replay it and not always being sure which choice is for the best is the natural way to play it rather than purposely manipulating it for high paragon or renegade

you're just obsessive and it's your own fault you're replaying it lol

but you can't settle for a bad ending

especially not when one's decisions in me2 might drastically affect their me3 playthrough ghouldood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on October 10, 2011, 05:25:47 AM
but you can't settle for a bad ending

especially not when one's decisions in me2 might drastically affect their me3 playthrough ghouldood;

well, what happened in your ending? just out of curiosity.

i actually don't remember what the ending entails other than who lived and who died (counting shepard as well as all the teammates of course). i don't even remember if there was any mention of whether the npc crew members lived or died. and i don't remember what else was in whatever final cutscene(s) there was/were, either. except i seem to recall some decision you had to make about your cooperation with the illusive man? idk.

[spoiler]everyone lived for me and i was at nearly full paragon, though not quite full enough to get jack's loyalty back, but she still lived anyway[/spoiler]

ME##

There's usually a couple of years before I replay a game.  The Uncharted games are probably the only exception to this.  Reichdood;

Go Up