July 05, 2024, 08:06:28 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

why are mmos so depressing

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 11, 2011, 06:14:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

What are some of your strange gaming biases?

I have great difficulty playing FPS games because I fine the field of view to be too restricted.  I like being able to see everything around the character instead of just directly ahead of them. :(

i don't play sports games because i'm not interested in sports

[spoiler]Even sports titles with a Nintendo spin, like Strikers, are terribly boring to be. myface;[/spoiler]

I don't like fighting or racing games because I find them dull and shallow, although Nintendo-made fighting/racing games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros are enjoyable because they turn the silliness factor up a few notches. n_u

[spoiler]still, smash bros. is only fun with in items on akudood;[/spoiler]

I have difficulty getting immersed in turn-based RPGs because (as we've already discussed thoroughly myface;) I find it a hassle to have to navigate a menu to select attacks and other functions that are used very frequently.  It just doesn't make much sense to me and greatly slows the flow of the game. befuddlement

also, as i mentioned in the title, for some reason i find mmos and free-to-play games to be immensely depressing (i can't even begin to explain that one) awdood;

Samus Aran

well, i guess my only weird gaming "bias" is that, as i've said before, i often have a hard time playing handheld games

lately this hasn't been the case though, as i've been playing ffta2 a lot...but overall i still don't really touch handhelds very often nor do i have a lot of games for them

Nyerp

i don't like playing fpses because the gameplay completely relies on camera axes and i can never pick which setting feels best for me goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

wow, i probably restrict about 50% of available games from my library based on these biases alone lol sillydood;

Samus Aran

oh and i guess i also have that "i don't care about sports" thing but there are quite a few exceptions in my collection

ikanaide

I like FPS  n_u

I think game from movie is very bad

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ikanaide on August 11, 2011, 06:25:13 PM
I like FPS  n_u

I think game from movie is very bad

that's because they usually (probably 100% of the time) are, so nobody can blame you for that one n_u

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on August 11, 2011, 06:27:30 PM
that's because they usually (probably 100% of the time) are, so nobody can blame you for that one n_u

definitely not 100%

there are good star wars games, some disney animated movies had decent video games, and plenty of other examples too

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Suigintou on August 11, 2011, 06:35:46 PM
some disney animated movies had decent video games

perhaps the star wars franchise has had some legitimately "good" games, but i would never play a movie-based game because it stands out amongst the other movie-game shovelware but is only "decent" when compared to other real games madood;

Nyerp

Samus Aran

i think that's just another bias of yours if you refuse to play "decent" games lol

Kalahari Inkantation

August 11, 2011, 06:43:15 PM #11 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 06:46:41 PM by Tectrika
the ace attorney games are only considered "decent" :'(

but then again, i would only very loosely call them "games" n_u

i would play a "decent" game if it appealed to me, not simply because it's a movie game that happens to be "decent" sillydood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrika on August 11, 2011, 06:43:15 PM
i would play a "decent" game if it appealed to me, not simply because it's a movie game that happens to be "decent" sillydood;

well, sometimes you just end up playing random games you never expected to, and they turn out to be decent

it happens tec, believe it or not lol

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on August 11, 2011, 06:40:53 PM
i love spider-man 2 :'(
I used to love it too, but the game has not aged very well.
Ultimate Spiderman is the best one  giggle;

Andria

Can you attempt to explain why you think mmos are depressing, as I would be interested in hearing it?

I can fully understand not liking them though. They are fairly big time sinks and are only as fun as the amount of time you are willing to put into it to level up, get your gear, and do the always more fun end game stuff. There is something about the grind and item drops that really pull me in though.

Go Up