September 28, 2024, 09:25:28 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the LEGEND of zelda

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

timeline theories are terrible

yes
0 (0%)
yes
1 (6.3%)
YES
11 (68.8%)
no y/n
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.glitterberri.com/uncategorized/the-real-zelda-timeline/

[spoiler][/spoiler]

QuoteComplaints? Take it up with longtime Zelda developer Eiji Aonuma. The cover states that he is the supervising editor of the book, which lends the timeline a significant degree of legitimacy.

don't let's

Ok so Ganon was sealed in the Adult Era OoT and then was somehow revived and sealed again in the Era Without a Hero, and then was revived again in WW.

So I wonder how he got sealed then in the part between OoT and WW?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Mayhaps… Revelry? on December 27, 2011, 11:00:17 AM
Ok so Ganon was sealed in the Adult Era OoT and then was somehow revived and sealed again in the Era Without a Hero, and then was revived again in WW.

So I wonder how he got sealed then in the part between OoT and WW?

Who knows? It's a potential place for a game.

Honestly, I'm not hating this whole timeline thing THAT much, it's just that the "The Hero is Defeated" timeline is an obvious attempt at Nintendo's parts to simply corral together the games that don't fit in the timeline otherwise and it's pretty goddamn stupid. The other stuff makes sense because those games were connected anyway.

Not saying that I'm happy that the split timeline is now legitimate, but it's not that big of a deal.

Daddy

PLEASEHELP1991

December 27, 2011, 11:06:48 PM #214 Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:15:13 PM by Felt
Quote from: Tectrinket on December 27, 2011, 10:32:35 AM
http://www.glitterberri.com/uncategorized/the-real-zelda-timeline/

[spoiler][/spoiler]

please explain why four swords and four swords adventure are separated by a great distance on that timeline
/assuming the timeline is linear
I love [you]

Samus Aran

don't let's

The series has been tainted.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Mayhaps… Revelry? on December 28, 2011, 02:14:43 AM
The series has been tainted.
if you agree that there is only one interpretation of the series
I love [you]

don't let's

Well you can interpret it anyway you want to, but as of right now there's only one official interpretation (maybe)

Daddy

Quote from: Azunyan on December 27, 2011, 11:27:56 PM
no it really isn't
to me and tec it is.

you like star wars right.  Let's say that one day george lucas decides one day that due to faster than light travel in the millenium falcon a split timeline occurs to deal with the relativistic effects of ftl.   In one timeline the galactic empire is defeated and in another it appears as if there is no luke, han, or chewie because they disappeared from the timeline so the empire wins.  would you not be like 'wtf lol fuck u lucas ruining stuff lik always'

or pick another series.

Like I said in that split discussion in the recycle board.  I like reading into the fictional histories and mythologies of different places (Hyrule, Middle Earth, STAH WAHS, etc).  It is a personal interest for me.    When the publisher of the content does something retarded like add a third timeline for a 'what if he never wins lol' to the canon of the series history it is quite frustrating.

fuck u saying my hobbies are not important.  akudood;

Samus Aran

tl;dr

i love zelda more than i love star wars and i still don't think it's that big of a deal. yes it's frustrating that there's a sudden new third timeline for no good reason but it's not like it affects the quality of those games and i thought we already established that nintendo is dumb for doing this. i just really don't see a need to freak out about it.

Kalahari Inkantation

it wouldn't matter if it had no effect on the games, but i fully expect future games to be based on this fake&gay timeline

Well, at least the current games still fit my interpretation. awdood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 28, 2011, 11:35:02 AM
it wouldn't matter if it had no effect on the games, but i fully expect future games to be based on this fake&gay timeline

Well, at least the current games still fit my interpretation. awdood;

i sort of anticipate that as well, and at that point, it'd become a problem. i just really hope nintendo either has a sudden spark of ingenuity that enables them to both tie the games together well and make a great fucking game

and not just one or the other

or neither smithicide;

don't let's

All timelines will eventually converge into a game where you play as multiple Links from the different timelines that will eventually reboot the universe merging them all back into a single universe/timeline and effectively erasing anything that came before it.

silvertone

Quote from: Mayhaps… Revelry? on December 28, 2011, 01:08:11 PM
All timelines will eventually converge into a game where you play as multiple Links from the different timelines that will eventually reboot the universe merging them all back into a single universe/timeline and effectively erasing anything that came before it.
is dark link the failed hero.

Go Up