September 28, 2024, 11:29:15 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the LEGEND of zelda

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

timeline theories are terrible

yes
0 (0%)
yes
1 (6.3%)
YES
11 (68.8%)
no y/n
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Nyerp

IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING SENSE

NOW WE HAVE TO CONSIDER THAT EVERY GAME HAS A TIMELINE SPLIT WHERE LINK DOESN'T DEFEAT THE ENEMY HUUURRRR WHAT THE FUCK

FUCK YOU ZELDA FANTARDS AND NINTENDO

Daddy

What is the point of a third timeline?

Travis

Quote from: Nyerp on December 21, 2011, 04:51:51 PM
IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING SENSE

NOW WE HAVE TO CONSIDER THAT EVERY GAME HAS A TIMELINE SPLIT WHERE LINK DOESN'T DEFEAT THE ENEMY HUUURRRR WHAT THE FUCK

FUCK YOU ZELDA FANTARDS AND NINTENDO
it actually makes sense. ur being butthurt.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Travis on December 21, 2011, 05:01:24 PM
it actually makes sense. ur being butthurt.

well no it doesn't really make sense because the games have literally nothing to indicate any sort of "link failed" timeline

Travis

Quote from: Azunyan on December 21, 2011, 05:07:15 PM
well no it doesn't really make sense because the games have literally nothing to indicate any sort of "link failed" timeline
alright but where are you getting this "link failed" nonsense from akudood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Travis on December 21, 2011, 05:17:11 PM
alright but where are you getting this "link failed" nonsense from akudood;

Quote from: IGN.comThe first, which we'll call Timeline A, assumes Link actually fails to stop Ganon.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215301p1.html

Travis

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 21, 2011, 05:24:48 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215301p1.html
oh yeah i didn't read the article at all but i saw this timeline on a different page

anyway, the way i understand it is that one timeline is the child link timeline after he's sent back to his childhood, another is the adult link timeline, and the last one is the timeline where ganon takes control of everything while link is asleep for 7 years or something lol  akudood;

Nyerp

Quote from: Travis on December 21, 2011, 05:27:19 PM
oh yeah i didn't read the article at all but i saw this timeline on a different page

anyway, the way i understand it is that one timeline is the child link timeline after he's sent back to his childhood, another is the adult link timeline, and the last one is the timeline where ganon takes control of everything while link is asleep for 7 years or something lol  akudood;

...that's the same timeline older link wakes up in A.K.A. THE ADULT FUCKING LINK TIMELINE psyduck;

Travis

Quote from: Nyerp on December 21, 2011, 05:56:18 PM
...that's the same timeline older link wakes up in A.K.A. THE ADULT FUCKING LINK TIMELINE psyduck;
No it's not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalahari Inkantation

could somebody please explain to me what, assuming the split timeline theory is canon, would stop link from simply defeating ganon again and having the exact cycle repeat infinitely after zelda sent link back to the past after defeating him the first time*

[spoiler=*]not that there could be a real "first time" in such a paradox[/spoiler]

Mando Pandango

Nintendo's timeline is worse than any "fan" timeline I've ever seen.

For fuck's sake.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 21, 2011, 06:06:02 PM
could somebody please explain to me what, assuming the split timeline theory is canon, would stop link from simply defeating ganon again and having the exact cycle repeat infinitely after zelda sent link back to the past after defeating him the first time*

[spoiler=*]not that there could be a real "first time" in such a paradox[/spoiler]

uh nothing but why would he do that??????!?!??!

and how wouldn't there be a first time??!?!?!??

Kalahari Inkantation

if ganon is still a threat as a result of zelda reversing time, why wouldn't link just defeat him again befuddlement

unless the reason he is no longer a threat is that he's sealed in that realm or whatever which i suppose might not be affected by time or something

in either case, why would the timeline split at all

it doesn't make any sense whatsoever for link to just wander off to termina if ganon is still a threat

don't let's

And this is how Ocarina of Time ruined the Zelda series beyond repair.

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectrinket on December 21, 2011, 06:24:53 PM
if ganon is still a threat as a result of zelda reversing time, why wouldn't link just defeat him again befuddlement

unless the reason he is no longer a threat is that he's sealed in that realm or whatever which i suppose might not be affected by time or something

in either case, why would the timeline split at all

...what

the entire reason zelda sends link back in time is so that he and li'l zelda can prevent ganon from usurping the throne and fucking shit up

then it's seen in twilight princess that he's sealed in the twilight realm as a result of this and blah blah blah

the timeline splits because they create a new series of events that is completely different from what leads up to the final battle of oot...?

Go Up