What are your opinions on Nintendo's actual plans for the eighth generation?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, April 20, 2011, 05:52:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

lol

yay
6 (60%)
nay
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy620 on April 21, 2011, 12:35:33 PM
I've been playing Nintendo since I was born practically. I think I know when Nintendo is bullshitting us. baddood;
In what way?
I have too Snowy, and I don't really get what you're saying. The 360 and PS3 are over 4/5 years old now, it would be unreasonable to think that Nintendo's console wouldn't at least be as powerful as them. The 3DS has nearly as good graphics as the Wii. baddood;

don't let's

How dare you! Even I just picked up a game for my Wii and it's been like a year or two since the last time I bought any games. Stop abusing and neglecting your Wii :(

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy620 on April 21, 2011, 12:52:16 PM
I know that they're old, but Nintendo has never really been "king of graphics" since the PS1 launched. I know I sound like a Sony fanboy, but deep down, I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan. I get all of their systems at launch, and I still buy games for them (excluding the Wii). I think that Nintendo goes for functionality over looks.
I know Nintendo never strives to be cutting-edge with the graphics, but the Gamecube did have better graphics than the PS2. Regardless, the next system would be the NEXT generation, not the gen to compete with the PS3 and 360. Nintendo does make advancements each generation, even if they're not the most cutting-edge. The Wii was definitely the smallest improvement, only getting slightly above the original Xbox. I could see the new system ending up around as powerful as the PS3, or just slightly moreso. That will still make it the weakest system of it's gen.
I think with Nintendo's recent drop in sales, they've realized they need to start marketing a little more to their core audience, and "gamers" would not put up with it having the graphics of 360 launch titles. Nintendo doesn't emphasize graphics, but they're not idiots. And again, the 3DS seems to have pretty good graphics for a handheld, almost as good as the Wii. There's no way Nintendo won't advance somewhat. It's not 2007, the PS3 isn't bleeding-edge technology anymore, parts are a good bit cheaper now, and the "next generation" has been out for some time now.
And stop the crap about Sony fanboys and Nintendo fanboys. I grew up on Nintendo and I still love them, but fanboys of any variety suck. n_u

Nyerp

Quote from: Snowy620 on April 21, 2011, 01:01:32 PM
Last Wii game I got was that Mario All-Stars thing for christman and I got some Wii games as gifts too, but I really just stay away from the Wii. It just isn't fun.

last year was actually really good for the wii

mario all-stars wasn't one of those good games though doodthing;

Hiro

Quote from: Yusuke on April 21, 2011, 01:28:17 PM
last year was actually really good for the wii

mario all-stars wasn't one of those good games though doodthing;
Yeah, it was definitely one of the Wii's better years. U R Mr Gay 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby Epic Yam, what else was there?

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy620 on April 21, 2011, 01:36:10 PM
I didn't get any of those games lol. but, I did hear that the next system was aimed towards older Nintendo fan, so, I'll get the system anyway.
Really, Nintendo's just gotta make sure they can get support from more third parties this time around.

don't let's

I wonder how big the new system will be?

Just realized that they could have made a Wii that looked liked an NES.

Nyerp

Quote from: Ashitaka on April 21, 2011, 01:31:02 PM
Yeah, it was definitely one of the Wii's better years. U R Mr Gay 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby Epic Yam, what else was there?

no more heroes 2, sonic colors, sonic colours, and sonic colores

Quote from: Snowy620 on April 21, 2011, 01:36:10 PM
I didn't get any of those games lol.

you're a fucking idiot

ME##

wow, the speculation is entering silly territory now:

'...Kotaku reports that, according to unnamed sources, the controller for the "Project Cafe" device will have eight buttons, two analog sticks, a camera ... and an enormous 6.2" touchscreen'.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/21/rumor-wii-successor-has-controller-with-giant-touchscreen-also

Thyme

Hiro

Quote from: Kotomaru on April 21, 2011, 01:54:36 PM
wow, the speculation is entering silly territory now:

'...Kotaku reports that, according to unnamed sources, the controller for the "Project Cafe" device will have eight buttons, two analog sticks, a camera ... and an enormous 6.2" touchscreen'.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/21/rumor-wii-successor-has-controller-with-giant-touchscreen-also
yeah no definitely not lol
those controllers would be so fucking expensive

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on April 21, 2011, 02:01:37 PM
the psp's screen is 4.3''

jesus christ

seriously, the super oval portable has a five-inch screen which already looks huge. 

[spoiler]and imagine if this monster controller still uses aa batteries smithicide; [/spoiler]

Nyerp

Quote from: Snowy620 on April 21, 2011, 02:11:15 PM
How am I an idiot? They looked "meh" to me and I'd rather spend $50 on a PS3 game that I'll enjoy and be able to play online with a friend code. akudood;

which you will end up hating and selling because you suck at it

don't let's

Hiro

Go Up