October 01, 2024, 03:29:05 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PSP 2: Late Night stab into Ninty's throat

Started by KonohaShinobi, January 27, 2011, 03:13:32 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

Andria

Samus Aran

Quote from: Echo on January 27, 2011, 09:29:15 AM
While not saying it will, if they price it competitively, have a good line up for launch, and it has a good battery life it has a very god chance of taking some 3DS sales. We will just have to see how that works out for Sony.

well yeah, but it's still ridiculous to say that it's a "stab into Ninty's throat" or that "it's game fucking over" for Nintendo

the fact that the 3DS is a Nintendo handheld alone holds a lot of weight with the fans and with parents, not to mention with silly older people who think that 3D makes something better, so even if the PSP2 turned out to be amazing, the 3DS would still sell at least well, if not great

Personally at the moment I'm not particularly looking forward to either handheld. Yet. I'm sure games will come around to persuade me into getting one.

Nyerp

lmao kono is such a fucking faggot

also this piece of shit seems even more gimmicky than the 3ds dear christ

Commander Fuckass

January 27, 2011, 12:50:38 PM #19 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:00:31 PM by Kefka
Quote from: Echo on January 27, 2011, 09:11:28 AM
I like it and probably will pick one up if the price is right. That and the game selection/battery life.

what sucks about it kefka?
I want one too

But the touch pad in the back and the 2nd analog stick is too close to the face buttons myface;
they could've done more work on the design 

also the game media is going to be on Cards like the ds wtf

also if they actually do have a Slide design of the PSP2 ill probably buy that one, since the PSPgo was so nice looking yes;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Andria

It has been confirmed to be less than 599, so I guess that is a start  n_u

and is supposed to be affordable.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/27/sony-wants-ngp-hardware-to-be-profitable-and-affordable/

Classic

ME##

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/27/portable-uncharted-developed-by-sony-bend-has-camera-mode/

Oh hm, I guess it could be coming out sooner than I expected since Naughty Dog won't be developing it.  But that's always bothered me about the PSP version of Sony's game series, none of them are developed by their original developer.

And I have a feeling we'll see at least two SKUs of the NGP.  I just hope Sony isn't constantly messing with them confusing consumers.

Andria

Well it is being developed by the people who did resistance retribution so that may be a good sign.

Samus Aran

i still can't get my head wrapped around the idea of calling this thing the NGP

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Presea on January 27, 2011, 05:56:05 PM
i still can't get my head wrapped around the idea of calling this thing the NGP

neither can i

that's so boring and generic sounding~

Andria

But don't you wanna tell your friends about your engie pee  sillydood;

Hiro

You guys do know it's the codename right? Like the Revolution.
And it stands for Next Generation Portable, so it's obviously not going to be the final name.

Nyerp

Quote from: Echo on January 27, 2011, 05:58:44 PM
But don't you wanna tell your friends about your engie pee  sillydood;

i bet a tf2 fangirl would :(

Samus Aran

Quote from: Admin on January 27, 2011, 06:12:30 PM
You guys do know it's the codename right? Like the Revolution.
And it stands for Next Generation Portable, so it's obviously not going to be the final name.

it likely won't be called the psp2 though if they bothered to make a codename

it'll probably be like psp ultra or something gay like that

psp omega kawaii

Go Up