October 10, 2024, 08:19:27 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I think I'm having an identy crisis

Started by strongbad, January 21, 2011, 07:19:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hippopo

Quote from: Runner Up: Strongbutt on January 23, 2011, 02:57:11 PM
No it's not that. I just don't feel myself, but then again I can't figure out what myself is anyways. It's really weird.
lolololololol

No, seriously though, I think we all go through this.  It's hard to discover yourself, but it can be done.  First you have to start doing things for you.  Simple way to begin, learn to say "no" to others without excuse.  happydood;

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on January 23, 2011, 03:12:30 PM
The problem is basing who you are on how you want people to view you. madood;

It's all fine and dandy for a while until the idea that you don't know how people view you enters your mind. Then you don't know who you are since you don't know how those people perceive you and that was your identity!

This is exactly it! It's fucked up :(
College changes things a lot. Back in high school, i felt like everybody knew who I was and I knew who everyone else was. I never met new people, and everybody accepted each other. Now, I'm constantly meeting new people and trying to figure out who they are while trying to figure out who they think I am and it's just a constant mind fuck that I can't stand.
Quote from: Potty Moss on January 23, 2011, 04:10:23 PM
lolololololol

No, seriously though, I think we all go through this.  It's hard to discover yourself, but it can be done.  First you have to start doing things for you.  Simple way to begin, learn to say "no" to others without excuse.  happydood;

I've actually been doing this for the last couple weeks, but not without the excuse part. I used to do anything that my friends suggested, just because it meant being around people that I liked, which is okay I guess, but I've started to realize that I really don't like doing certain things.

Life is such a mindfuck

Travis

Nyerp

the obvious solution is to stop meeting new people :3

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Runner Up: Strongbutt on January 23, 2011, 04:55:03 PM
This is exactly it! It's fucked up :(
College changes things a lot. back IN POG FORM in high school, i felt like everybody knew who I was and I knew who everyone else was. I never met new people, and everybody accepted each other. Now, I'm constantly meeting new people and trying to figure out who they are while trying to figure out who they think I am and it's just a constant mind fuck that I can't stand. I've actually been doing this for the last couple weeks, but not without the excuse part. I used to do anything that my friends suggested, just because it meant being around people that I liked, which is okay I guess, but I've started to realize that I really don't like doing certain things.

That's your problem. It's not even a problem, just a kink in your perception.
The moment you start to twist your own personality around to conform to how you think other people maybe might think of you is the moment you need to step back and reexamine what you want out of any relationship.

This really isn't an issue though, even though it feels like one. Everybody at some point feels depleted and wary and unsure how they fit in and fsjhfjsdnfksjdfkjsbrkbes.

Take up a new hobby or three.
If you want to.

This time's for living and enjoying and discovering, not fretting over a few sour thoughts that pass through.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Admin on January 21, 2011, 09:42:17 PM
just stop giving a fuck what other people think and do what you want  VDood;

this,

Quote from: Sean on January 22, 2011, 02:50:55 PM
dood u need 2 git laid

and this.

Go Up