October 13, 2024, 06:14:31 AM

1,531,329 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Yo yo yo lets go

Started by strongbad, January 13, 2011, 11:59:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Start writing shit now and we'll submit.
Before you write something, post your idea in this thread and rawl or myself will give you the okay. Also, this is where we want to start things such as weekly features, so remember that if you want to have a feature, you're going to need to stay committed.

So yeah now it's time to see who's actually interested in the site and who just enjoyed complaining about it  hocuspocus;

?????

What's in it for me? Can I get letters of recommendation? Are you going to make a profit off of this site?
Die for Dethklok

Samus Aran

well, i'm still your retro guy, but i need something to start with, something to bridge modern and retro to ease into the idea of writing about old stuff all the time. i think that'd be the best way to start.

so i was thinking maybe writing about the comeback of old game styles and franchises? super meat boy, mega man 9 and 10, etc.?

what do you think?

strongbad

Quote from: TheSequel on January 14, 2011, 12:28:10 AM
What's in it for me? Can I get letters of recommendation? Are you going to make a profit off of this site?

What's in it for you? Writing experience, being able to publish your articles on an actual website as opposed to a blogspot site or something. If you go into the videogame industry or journalism industry, this would be great to have on a resume. Profit? I have no idea. Depends how involved all of you guys are. Rawl and I would like to make T-Shirts and posters eventually to sell, and at first all money would go towards paying for the site (that domain costs like $10/year lol) and after that I'm hoping that excess profit can go towards things like PAX or other conventions that we could cover.
Quote from: Presea on January 14, 2011, 02:44:58 AM
well, i'm still your retro guy, but i need something to start with, something to bridge modern and retro to ease into the idea of writing about old stuff all the time. i think that'd be the best way to start.

so i was thinking maybe writing about the comeback of old game styles and franchises? super meat boy, mega man 9 and 10, etc.?

what do you think?

That sounds awesome. That'd be a great starter article for the site.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Infel

I'd write a lot of really gross shit.

Like about Princess Peach and her vagina.

strongbad

Quote from: Parsee on January 15, 2011, 05:10:06 AM
I'd write a lot of really gross shit.

Like about Princess Peach and her vagina.

no

strongbad

um hello i know we had more people interested in prosquid
fuckin post

Samus Aran

hey strongbad, do me a favor

give me a deadline. a rough one, at least. it'll help me actually write the damn thing.

strongbad

Quote from: Presea on January 16, 2011, 06:27:08 PM
hey strongbad, do me a favor

give me a deadline. a rough one, at least. it'll help me actually write the damn thing.

February first
this goes for everyone n_u

Cookie

I would still love to write articles about the odd, obscure, and just unheard of games that I love and have in my collection. Such as Cubivore, Avalon Code, Dark Spire, Etrian Odyssey, and Maken X. (I know I have more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.)

strongbad

Quote from: Cookie on January 16, 2011, 09:45:51 PM
I would still love to write articles about the odd, obscure, and just unheard of games that I love and have in my collection. Such as Cubivore, Avalon Code, Dark Spire, Etrian Odyssey, and Maken X. (I know I have more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.)

That sounds awesome. That's actually very similar to what I want to do (same thing except with games like Earth Defense Force, etc). Do you think you could get an article out by the first of next month?

Eventually we'll have a format for articles to follow so we can look more professional, but for now just do your own thing, just be sure to add images when you feel appropriate, etc.

Wrench

yo yo yo I can do a review of one these games:
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Super Scribblenauts
Super Mario All Stars
Ur Mr Gay 1
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Borderlands

Choose 1 of the above and I'll have it done by the 1st

strongbad

Quote from: Wrench on January 17, 2011, 10:06:25 AM
yo yo yo I can do a review of one these games: