July 05, 2024, 08:48:10 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

left 4 dead or left 4 dead 2?

Started by Samus Aran, December 21, 2010, 11:11:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

i played left 4 dead with my friend and i thought it was pretty kickass. it would give me a good excuse to actually start playing games online more. but should i get that one, or the sequel?

also, don't even try to press the pc thing on me, i'm talking about the 360.

strongbad

Get the sequel.
PC version is so much better though :(

Classic

KonohaShinobi

L4D2

I have both on PC, had 2 for 360, before giving it to a friend.

Only thing I hate about the PC version of both is no splitscreen option, why does the console get this feature but not PC? same problem I had with Borderlands on PC, I like playing multiplayer FPS splitscreen on the couch, fucking PC devs.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on December 22, 2010, 06:49:45 AM
L4D2

I have both on PC, had 2 for 360, before giving it to a friend.

Only thing I hate about the PC version of both is no splitscreen option, why does the console get this feature but not PC? same problem I had with Borderlands on PC, I like playing multiplayer FPS splitscreen on the couch, fucking PC devs.
split screen for the PC? are you fucking stupid?
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Classic

He's just retarded. Don't mind him.

Nyerp

Commander Fuckass

hey guise do you want to come ovr and play left 4 dead 2 split screen on my 1 monitor with one keyboard and one mouse. It'll be fucking amazing

Andria

Quote from: Kefka on December 22, 2010, 05:15:47 PM
hey guise do you want to come ovr and play left 4 dead 2 split screen on my 1 monitor with one keyboard and one mouse. It'll be fucking amazing

IT COULD WORK MAN

Commander Fuckass

KonohaShinobi

December 23, 2010, 07:07:20 AM #10 Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:11:32 AM by KonohaShinobi
Ok, let me clear this up:

With a PC I pretty frequently hook it up to my larger 26' monitor and can play comfortably. I have this fun little device called a wireless 360 PC controller dongle, where I can sync wireless 360 controllers to the PC and you know, play games? since I have 2 360 controllers I can: A) Play on K/B let the other guy use the 360 controller or B) we both use 360 controllers or C) I can use K/B AND TWO OTHER PEOPLE use the 360 controllers.

Oh and PS3 controllers use a USB port so you can EASILY plug that into the PC and you have EVEN MORE controllers. or You can hook up the PS3 controllers via blutooth for even more fun!

There are tons of games that support local multiplayer on PC. Like Trine, Audiosurf and with some modding, Serious Sam series, Borderlands (however this involves running the game twice using up 1000 resources so it'll run like ass, not even worth the trouble), oh and L4D1 and 2(small notepad editing pretty easy but still a hassle when it's drop in/drop out on consoles and a menu option) as well, using any of the set ups I mentioned above.

bassir;

Jared

L4D because Louis is fucking awesome and the survivors in L4D2 are white(/black) trash-rednecks and I hate them. Yeeeehaw.

Seriously though, I'd probably say L4D2 because of added special infected/game modes. That's the only difference.

ncba93ivyase

I really don't understand why you'd intentionally buy a crippled version of a game when the computer you're currently using is fully capable of running it.

really, explain why you can't take an hour to set up a boot camp partition and spend $10 to get the full game on pc

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pancake Persona on December 24, 2010, 01:59:01 AM
I really don't understand why you'd intentionally buy a crippled version of a game when the computer you're currently using is fully capable of running it.

really, explain why you can't take an hour to set up a boot camp partition and spend $10 to get the full game on pc

I DON'T KNOW I'M LAZY OR SOMETHING

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Yin on December 24, 2010, 02:15:56 AM
I DON'T KNOW I'M LAZY OR SOMETHING
buying from steam is even easier than buying it from a store

and you don't even have to get up and grab a controller whenever you want to play

just torrent windows xp and install it when you're taking a dump or something. it'll save you a lot of money in the long run since pc games are always cheaper than their console ports

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up