September 12, 2024, 03:57:40 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Met any famous musicians before?

Started by Geno, November 25, 2010, 12:55:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

I've met a couple.
Aaron Weiss, lead vocalist for mewithoutYou. Really cool guy he seemed really shy but at the same time was talkative.
Lights  giggle; She's the most beautiful woman ever. I talked to her about WoW for awhile. I fell in love
Andrew W.K. I talked to him at warped tour for awhile. Fun guy.
Devin fuckin Townsend. Such a hilarious guy. He was just plain awesome.
Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips. He was probably the most awesome person I've ever met.

Ive met alot more from bands that arent really famous such as Cloud Cult, The Birthday Massacre, Enter Shikari etc. But still awesome people.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Placebo Headwound

Steven Wilson, John Wesley (touring guitarist for PT), Mikael Akerfeldt, Frederick Akesson, Wayne Coyne, Kliph Scurlok, Steven Drozd, and Patrick Stickles.

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

the shortest route to the sea

Tight enough with Owen Pallett, and met through him Richard Reed Parry and Sarah Neufeld. Met Nick and all the folks of Islands, in particular their touring drummer who worked on Arm's Way as well. I met Jonsi briefly, he dedicated a song to my partner and I (mostly her). I see Amanda Palmer too much for my own good, but I haven't gotten to sit down with her like my partner has. The bassist for Future of the Left and I are married.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Mando Pandango

I've met a couple comedians but never any musicians. My uncle used to play with Jason Bittner though.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Wrench

Not famous but I've met Rookie Sensation, singer from Riverboat Gamblers. I didn't get to meet Jason White (touring member of Green Day), but he winked at me after I pointed at him.

Geno

Quote from: Wrench on November 26, 2010, 07:48:22 AM
Not famous but I've met Rookie Sensation, singer from Riverboat Gamblers. I didn't get to meet Jason White (touring member of Green Day), but he winked at me after I pointed at him.
My friend got to meet Billie Joe once and she got his pic. So jealous  >.<

Also one of my other friends got a call from weezer asking him to jam with them after they saw some of his youtube videos of him playing covers of weezer songs. Pretty BA  baddood;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I met the drummer from a band called Howlies and I met Dave Longstreth from Dirty Projectors.

Wrench

Quote from: Geno on November 26, 2010, 10:20:17 AM
My friend got to meet Billie Joe once and she got his pic. So jealous  >.<

Also one of my other friends got a call from weezer asking him to jam with them after they saw some of his youtube videos of him playing covers of weezer songs. Pretty BA  baddood;

At the same concert my friend, who was right next to me, got to go on stage and sing Longview. Fuck you Billie Joe for not picking me.

C.Mongler

Uh I've had many notice me and banter with me on stage, but I have only really chatted with Peter Bjorn and John and Patrick Stickles of Titus Andronicus

Mando Pandango

Oh yeah I just remembered. I met Keith Murray of We Are Scientists. They man their own merch booth at their shows when they can, and he was there pretty much whenever he wasn't on stage. Wicked cool guy.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

LCK

I met Stefon Alexander (P.O.S.). He was skateboarding around the grounds at Soundset '09 and rode up to the merch tent I was in, then I asked him for a photo and got one and exchanged a few words.
I said "Hey" to Micheal Larsen (Eyedea) at Soundset '09 when he was stumbling through the crowd stoned out of his mind.
I exchanged pleasantries with Brother Ali like 20 minutes before his set when I saw him in a dinky little venue in Mankato.
Met Jason Mraz somewhere that I don't really remember. He was just sitting in a booth and I walked by and he told me to buy his new CD and told me about it, and I shook his hand.

spaceman

Met and talked with Sean Bonnette from Andrew Jackson Jihad and Matt Arbogast from the Gunshy, stage banter with Kevin Drew and Brendan Canning of Broken Social Scene.

applesauce

I've met quite a few local musicians, but most of no fame.

I went to Lazerbeak's house. (of Doomtree, The Plastic Constellations, ect) once.

I talked to Scott Wells, Evan Wells, and Paul Sprangers of Free Energy twice back when they were Hockey Night.

Scott Shriner (of Weezer) asked me how the show was.

And Craig Finn told me he liked my shirt.

Cookie

Julian Koster from Neutral Milk Hotel is coming to my house Jan. 8th

Go Up