October 04, 2024, 11:33:10 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what should i get for my first ps2 game(s)

Started by Samus Aran, September 15, 2010, 09:45:57 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

I NEED A CHEAP GAME TO GET WITH MY NEW PS2

Something that isn't super-short, and something that is essential, please. So no Shadow of the Colossus - I want this to last a while.

Oh

PERSONA 3 AND 4 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KAZ GET THEM

rdl

Shadow of the Colossus isn't short. There's 14 or 16 colossi, and I doubt you'd want to do more than 1 or 2 a day.

Ratchet and Clank 1 - 3 are a must, Jak and Daxter I never was a fan of but I guess that's also a classic. FFX is a pretty decent game, dunno about XII. And you would probably love Tales of the Abyss, as long as you don't mind main characters who beat up on themselves a lot and occasionally spew cheesy lines. A couple of the supporting characters are difficult to stand, but Guy and Jade counterbalance them.

Samus Aran

Quote from: RTF on September 15, 2010, 09:51:31 AM
Shadow of the Colossus isn't short. There's 14 or 16 colossi, and I doubt you'd want to do more than 1 or 2 a day.

I tend to play the shit out of a new game. When I got Mario Sunshine for the first time, I got 80 stars in two days.

Geno

Ratchet and Clank series
Jak & Daxter series
Sly Cooper Series

That's all you'll need

Oh yeah if you never played Final Fantasy X then you should get that too.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Nyerp

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Oh

Kaz, you are no JRPG fan if you do not get Persona 3 and 4( 4 is way better). The stories have nothing to do with each other so you don't need to play 2 or 1 because those were almost different games entirely.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on September 15, 2010, 09:59:15 AM
you can get stars in mario sunshine??!??!

stfu

anyway uh..

persona 3:  $25
persona 4: $26
ffx: $6
tales of the abyss: $28 (totally forgot about this game)
ratchet and clank: $3
jak and daxter...wait, is precursor legacy a re-release or what?

anything else i should check the price of? i'm almost surely not going to get something more than $12 or so

C.Mongler

Silent Hill 2 isn't exactly cheap (prob be about 20-30 bucks) and its not exactly long (you can probably squeeze out about 15 hours if you dick around enough, maybe 25 if you want to try and get different endings), but its a damn deep and fun and scary game. I highly recommend it.
EDITZ: Its like 15 bucks used, though if you must have it new, good luck since its like 75 dollars lol.

I also liked Rouge Galaxy, though I only put like 7 hours into it. I'm sure that one has a fair amount of girth to it.

Nyerp

Geno

Quote from: Lain on September 15, 2010, 10:04:52 AM
jak and daxter...wait, is precursor legacy a re-release or what?
No it's just the title.

Samus Aran

hey guys, what about dragon quest viii? only $6

or devil may cry 1-3 in a "dmc anniversary collection" for only $20 O_0

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lain on September 15, 2010, 10:42:53 AM
hey guys, what about dragon quest viii? only $6

or devil may cry 1-3 in a "dmc anniversary collection" for only $20 O_0

DQ VIII is a fun game, a shit ton of grind though, and it will last you probably a good 40 hours.
And I'd jump on the DMC deal, DMC1 is a fun game, DMC 2 kind of sucks but its worth playing, and DMC 3 is hard as tits, but my favorite one in the series.

Hiro

Okami lasts a good while. Also GTA San Andreas lasts a lifetime.

Go Up