September 12, 2024, 03:40:54 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How often do you read books / what kind?

Started by snorkel, August 20, 2010, 01:03:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

cubensis

never read books
4 (16%)
occasionally read books
5 (20%)
often read books
1 (4%)
very frequently read books (more than 1 simultaneously)
4 (16%)
fiction mostly
4 (16%)
non-fiction mostly
3 (12%)
both
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Go Down

snorkel

I've always liked reading, stacks of books tend to form on my desk of ones I am reading (6 deep currently) or have set aside to read soon. I'm equally enthralled by deeply scientific/historical or general non-fiction, and fiction of all eras

And I hate libraries because I like to own my goddamn books and write on pages for future reference

Andria

Very frequently and both.

I always have more than two books being read basically. I love horror as a genre but I also am a big fan of reading science/philosophy books.

and omg I hate libraries too for both of those reasons.  giggle;

I also got myself an ebook reader so that allows me to simultaneously carry a lot more books than if I had the physical copies 

??????

i read non-fiction a lot
i can't decide which fiction books to read--there are too many cry;

strongbad

If I get into reading, a few books a month, but usually it's a book every few months.
Right now I'm really into graphic novels and I have a shit ton of them to read.

spaceman

Constantly, whenever I finish one I pick up the next one I've yet to read from my shelf. Both fiction and non-fiction.

snorkel

Quote from: Techo 1/2 on August 20, 2010, 01:06:10 PM
Very frequently and both.

I always have more than two books being read basically. I love horror as a genre but I also am a big fan of reading science/philosophy books.

and omg I hate libraries too for both of those reasons.  giggle;

I also got myself an ebook reader so that allows me to simultaneously carry a lot more books than if I had the physical copies 

I would assume you've read Lovecraft and Clive Barker (minus Abarat which is a fucking stupid book), but if not, surely do

Quote from: fluxus on August 20, 2010, 02:21:10 PM
Constantly, whenever I finish one I pick up the next one I've yet to read from my shelf. Both fiction and non-fiction.

Whenever anything is referenced in a book I'm reading I look it up and add books to my amazon wishlist, so that my amazon wishlist grows at a rate much faster than I could ever hope to buy books  :'(

Andria

Barker is on my list of stuff to read so I will probably get around to that in the next couple years.

As for Lovecraft I recently put all his work on my nook and have been reading it.

snorkel

Quote from: Techo 1/2 on August 20, 2010, 05:40:21 PM
Barker is on my list of stuff to read so I will probably get around to that in the next couple years.

As for Lovecraft I recently put all his work on my nook and have been reading it.

Read Imajica, Cabal, and the Books of Blood series, great stuff. There are no really nice editions of Lovecraft collections, ever :'(

Andria

Quote from: wziard on August 20, 2010, 05:46:38 PM
Read Imajica, Cabal, and the Books of Blood series, great stuff. There are no really nice editions of Lovecraft collections, ever :'(

Will do and I will be sure to let you know what I think!

And yea so I just got them all via feedbook since they are now in public domain.

Samus Aran

Often, and fiction mostly. I really need to read more. I still have to finish Catch-22, Under the Volcano, and Sophie's Choice. At least, those are my three priorities - there are plenty of other unread books I have too.

I got the latter two books without even knowing what they're about. I just heard they're great and decided to surprise myself.

don't let's

Almost never, but I have started to read a little bit more since my internet has been screwed  up.

rdl

Rarely, I'm really bad at finding good fiction books outside of the ones you're required to read for school.

I do occasionally read non-fiction though.

Selkie

I read sometimes. I usually go through reading binges actually. I read a lot, then not one book for a year, and so on.

I really need to start reading more though...when I DO read, I love it, it soothes me. But when I'm not reading, it's very hard for me to take the first jump in to starting a book.

And I love fantasy. Whether it be set in the distant past or the distant future. I'm not too crazy about modern fantasies. I like being transported to distant and radically different worlds from the real world. In a way I find fiction based in the modern real world to be semi-pointless.

Hiro

ME##

Go Up