September 12, 2024, 03:40:14 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How often do you read books / what kind?

Started by snorkel, August 20, 2010, 01:03:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

cubensis

never read books
4 (16%)
occasionally read books
5 (20%)
often read books
1 (4%)
very frequently read books (more than 1 simultaneously)
4 (16%)
fiction mostly
4 (16%)
non-fiction mostly
3 (12%)
both
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on August 24, 2010, 09:58:26 AM
How can you suck at books? befuddlement
I don't read them very often, I read them slowly, I still don't know what kinds of books I like, and they're too long myface;

Nyerp

August 24, 2010, 12:30:21 PM #16 Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:43:17 PM by Nyerp
i only read when i have to girl;

Quote from: Hïro on August 24, 2010, 10:03:36 AM
I don't read them very often, I read them slowly, I still don't know what kinds of books I like, and they're too long myface;

this too

ME##

Quote from: Hïro on August 24, 2010, 10:03:36 AM

All you have to do is read a bit more and your speed will increase.  hocuspocus;

Hiro

Quote from: Ãâ,¬mbørthümbsee on August 24, 2010, 03:32:09 PM
All you have to do is read a bit more and your speed will increase.  hocuspocus;
It has nothing to do with experience, I'm actually a damn good reader with a pretty good vocabulary. It just makes more sense to me to read things at a talking pace, especially dialogue.

Nyerp

Quote from: Hïro on August 24, 2010, 03:57:27 PM
It has nothing to do with experience, I'm actually a damn good reader with a pretty good vocabulary. It just makes more sense to me to read things at a talking pace, especially dialogue.

yeah whenever i read there's a voice in my head saying all the words

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on August 24, 2010, 05:47:36 PM

whose voice is it

Nyerp

Commander Fuckass

Occasionally,  mostly SciFi and Thriller novels

Last book I've read was the Apocalypse Watch by Robert Ludlum  giggle;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Aracde

me003

Quote from: Nyerp on August 24, 2010, 05:47:36 PM
THIS and I suck at books too. I read it aloud in my head, and I stumble over words when I read aloud. A lot of the times I read things twice. Like I get to the end of the sentence and have to look back at the beginning to put it all together because I wasn't paying attention to the beginning of the sentence.
Then at the same time, I can read fine, I just get distracted easily.

But I never read books, and I've been thinking for a minute that this is something I'd like to pick up to improve my vocabulary and reading speed; because I've been writing songs and want to read them back at a quick enough speed, rather than memorizing lines.

I'm interested in stories that take turns for the worst and then blow your mind. My brother reads a lot though, so I'm sure I could get a few books from him. For some strange reason I feel like books aren't funny, must be because to me books = what I've read in school; but I know I'm completely wrong on that one, so maybe a good comedy book could be recommended to me?
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Nyerp

Quote from: Methree on August 31, 2010, 01:57:41 AM
THIS and I suck at books too. I read it aloud in my head, and I stumble over words when I read aloud. A lot of the times I read things twice. Like I get to the end of the sentence and have to look back at the beginning to put it all together because I wasn't paying attention to the beginning of the sentence.
Then at the same time, I can read fine, I just get distracted easily.

is there something wrong with us? :(

also hey me3

me003

Quote from: Nyerp on August 31, 2010, 05:13:33 AM
is there something wrong with us? :(

also hey me3
there must be something hi wrong nyerp.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up