September 12, 2024, 03:36:42 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Albums you forgot/never realized were that good until recently

Started by Selkie, August 16, 2010, 10:30:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

[spoiler][/spoiler]

This is a little of both forgetting and not knowing. I remember the hits obviously from middle school, and always heard it was great. But I also never really heard the whole thing and realized it was THAT good.

After recently getting into it as an album and not a few hit singles, it is really amazing.

snorkel

Bazooka Tooth by Aesop Rock has slowly moved from my least favorite LP of his to most favorite alongside None Shall Pass, not sure how I ever disliked it.

I remember encountering De Facto years ago and not being interested at all, now I'd call Légende du Scorpion à Quatre Queues one of the masterpieces of its (admittedly small and obscure) genre.

Also Tom Vek, I even deleted him at one point but I've found a recent love for We Have Sound, just a unique and real album

Hiro

Quote from: wziard on August 17, 2010, 02:44:18 PM
Also Tom Vek, I even deleted him at one point but I've found a recent love for We Have Sound, just a unique and real album
He's such a lazy asshole now, it's been 5 years and I've not heard a thing from him argh;

snorkel

Also Plastic Beach. I really thought it was only a bit above average the first 20 times I listened to it, and only put two tracks on playlists.

The other day something turned over in my head and I thought, "I suddenly GET plastic beach, I must listen to it now, I am salivating even for Snoop Dogg's silly rhymes"

And it was excellent. I love it now.

Hiro

Quote from: wziard on August 24, 2010, 08:52:09 PM
Also Plastic Beach. I really thought it was only a bit above average the first 20 times I listened to it, and only put two tracks on playlists.

The other day something turned over in my head and I thought, "I suddenly GET plastic beach, I must listen to it now, I am salivating even for Snoop Dogg's silly rhymes"

And it was excellent. I love it now.
I've been in love with Plastic Beach for some time now, aside from "Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach", and I too have recently fallen in love with even that track.

Selkie

Yea it took a while for Plastic Beach to sink in for me also.

But now i feel it has a certain classic sound that makes it really great. I can't quite explain it though.

Patrick Stickles

when i heard neutral milk hotel for the first time, i was like, the fuck is this shit

then i was like, OH MY
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Swift

^gay

Probably Funeral, Crystal Castles, In the Court of the Crimson King, Mean Everything To Nothing.
after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: Swift on August 29, 2010, 09:18:19 AM
^gay

Probably Funeral, Crystal Castles, In the Court of the Crimson King, Mean Everything To Nothing.
virgin losing a child > everything to nothing

Swift

after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

spaceman

Quote from: Titus Andronicus on August 25, 2010, 08:39:14 PM
when i heard neutral milk hotel for the first time, i was like, the fuck is this shit

then i was like, OH MY

That happens to everyone.

I think I'm the only person in existence who liked NMH from the get go

me003

Alias - Resurgam

3582 - some singles like crystal moment, early morning, and somethin about runnin.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: fluxus on August 29, 2010, 05:54:12 PM

I liked them too from the first listen. akudood;

Patrick Stickles

Quote from: fluxus on August 29, 2010, 05:54:12 PM

well i mean the first time i heard them was in like 6th grade and i had only been accustomed to like pink floyd and the doors so you can imagine the intense difference switching from classic rock to them

in fact, if it weren't for NMH, i would still be a classic rock junkie

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Reveal by r.e.m.

So yeah, kind of dismissed this album because it's post-Bill Berry, but gave it an honest listen and it's pretty good. Waaay better than their other post-berry stuff/New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

Go Up