September 12, 2024, 03:37:24 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Albums you forgot/never realized were that good until recently

Started by Selkie, August 16, 2010, 10:30:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Everything Titus Andronicus has made. Then I saw them live, and oh baby

Mando Pandango

Ã,¡Viva Nueva! by Rustic Overtones. I had only heard their singles in the past, but I finally checked out the full album, and it's awesome.

These guys are far less famous than I had previously thought. FAR less famous. They got loads of airplay (and still get some) on the radio station I've pretty much listened to my entire life, but it turns out that it was just one of four stations in the country to do so, all in the northeast. This makes me sad because they're so good.

Wikipedia lists the band's genres as "rock, jazz, soul, funk, and ska," and all of those genres are represented on this album. Some more strongly than others on some songs, but if you like ANY of those then check this album out.

Oh, also it has tracks that feature Funkmaster Flex, Imogen Heap, and David "Motherfucking" Bowie.

Here's the opening track:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR7VDerKuro[/youtube]

And it gets a lot better than that.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Swift

after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

C.Mongler

ALSO fucking OutKast. I havn't listened to them in forever becasue I just remembered liking it in like the 8th grade so I brushed it off, but GOD DAMN they are good

Swift

after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

Hiro

Quote from: C Mongler on September 11, 2010, 09:34:31 PM
ALSO fucking OutKast. I havn't listened to them in forever becasue I just remembered liking it in like the 8th grade so I brushed it off, but GOD DAMN they are good
EXACTLY thumbup; Stankonia is brilliant, but Aquemini and ATLiens are also damn good.

Quote from: Swift on September 12, 2010, 09:57:57 AM
hey yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
no.

rdl

i think i heard it once, or i heard a pink floyd song once, and i hated it. that plus the fact that everyone i know is too scared to share their musical tastes with other people and instead just say that everything sucks made me think that all these popular bands really did suck. my musical tastes were born horribly disfigured, only now am i liking stuff everyone likes.

but yeah its awesome. not sure if i like pink floyd in general, but i like this album thumbup;

burzumfan420

underline makes it look like a strike out. butit isnt a strike out!!!!

rdl

burzumfan420

[hedy]Zidone

and zarathustra by museo rosenbach

Italy has some damn fine prog.

Patrick Stickles

What the fuck was it for anyway?

Go Up